(Poll included) Favorite Genre of Film?

What types of films do you like? My personal favorite is Comedy!

• Action
  • Comedy
  • Horror
  • Thriller
  • Romance
  • Sci-fi
  • Family

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 12

What Guys Said 9

• None of the above my favorite Genre is Noir, Film Noir to be exact if my favorite.

Film noir (/fɪlm nwɑr/; French pronunciation: is a cinematic term used primarily to describe stylish Hollywood crime dramas, particularly those that emphasize cynical attitudes and sexual motivations. Hollywood's classical film noir period is generally regarded as extending from the early 1940s to the late 1950s. Film noir of this era is associated with a low-key black-and-white visual style that has roots in German Expressionist cinematography. Many of the prototypical stories and much of the attitude of classic noir derive from the hardboiled school of crime fiction that emerged in the United States during the Great Depression.

Some examples of these movies would be

Casablanca ( my all time favorite movie )

The Maltese Falcon

The movie series is directly based on the author Raymond Chandlers series which is the Philip Marlowe a hardboiled detective series.

Some examples of Humphrey Bogart playing Philip Marlowe are

The Big Sleep
    In a Lonely Place
    Murder My Sweet
    The Long Goodbye

• sci-fi yo 8)

• I love thrillers, dramas (you forgot that one!), and sci-fi. I also like horror and phantasy movies but only if they are really good ones (there are a lot of crappy ones). I watch movies from almost all genres. The only one I don't like so much are comedies because it's extremely hard to actually produce a good, smart comedy. Most comedies are just dumb and immature.

• Thriller and comedy

• SCI-FI IS WINNING!!!

• PORN... FILLER

• Of your choices, I like Thriller best, but I love me some good western movies :)

• anything... i don't care either way.

• you forgot mysterys?