Is assertive tone done naturally or by practice?

Are people naturally assertive or is it done by practice? I've been told that my voice is really soft, and everytime I Try to sound assertive, it doesn't sound anything near assertive. In my work, I was once criticized by a customer who told me that I need to sound more many to be taken seriously. And my friend tried to teach me to be assertive but it was a big challange. And my sister told me to sound assertive so the dog would listen, but apparantly I wasn't because she kept laughing at my attempt and the dog wouldn't listen. So is this a natural thing or does it just take practice?

Most Helpful Guy

• hahahha no... guess it comes naturally

What Guys Said 4

• Practise and a growing belief in yourself.

• Some people have it naturally while some need practice, just like everything else.

• Your voice will deepen with age, and a experience.

• It can be both. You can practice being assertive and bathroom mirrors are great for that.

What Girls Said 3

• hmm i think it could be either. i know i can be naturally because i teach. sometimes even a look is enough to let them know.
    i do know however that u can practice but u need to look in the mirror, think firmly about the message you want to send and bring it out in ur voice. ur body language also needs to correspond.

• WELL NOT EVERYONE CAN SOUND LIKE A FUCKING MAN.

• lol why are you mad?

• i'm not even mad? did i say i was?

• naturally.