Why are you single?

Im not single but when i was i was lonley and depressed 😒

• I choose to be
  • i dont have time for a girlfriend or boyfriend
  • i have insecurities
  • i dont know
  • i wish i had a girlfriend or boyfriend
  • other

Most Helpful Guy

• I could say I choose to be single. That the idea of traditional dating puts me off. That the idea of needing to be a pursuer whilst never knowing the feeling of being pursued seems like an imbalance I am not interested in meddling in. Or perhaps I could say that I have found so few women who really intrigue me. I could also point to my city having one of the highest obesity rates in the nation, and after breaking a girl's heart, I promised myself I wouldn't force myself to date someone I wasn't attracted to again.

Of course, all of that would essentially be bullshit. They are certainly factors, yes. But my real problem is my own insecurities in introducing myself to new girls I am attracted to. I don't fear rejection so much. A simple "no" isn't that hard to deal with. I fear being creepy. I fear making her uncomfortable by simply wanting to meet her. I used to think the line was somewhat obvious, but my college experience has me shaken. I feel, to an extent, like girls are desperately searching for ways to ruin me. To turn me into a villain.

I also don't have tons of motivate to go out and meet tons of people in general. I mean, I don't have a problem with it. It's fun, and it feels great. But I'm also fairly comfortable alone, like I don't NEED other people there.

But it's also bullshit for another reason: I would be a flaming hypocrite if I claimed those as my main issues. Girls have generally pursued ME. Girls have approached ME. Girls generally haven't had problems with going Dutch, some have even bought ME a date when things were rough.

So I would say I am single because of my own damned insecurities, as much as it pains me to say.

What Guys Said 50

• Haven't really found anyone intriguing yet but I suppose there are a few , we'll see.

• I thought I wanted a girlfriend, so I got in a relationship, but in less than 2 weeks I missed being single. Perhaps it was the fact that the girl wasn't perfect for me, or perhaps it was because I prefer being single. I don't know, but I'm gonna stay single for a long while I believe, unless this perfect angel comes to my life :P

• I have lost a lot of confidence, I have been treated badly in the dating world. That is the reason I am single.

• I'M JUST A POOR BOY, NOBODY LOVES ME!!!

• I used to be extremely shy so I never got to know any girl. Now I'm not so shy but I have zero idea how you're supposed to do it so... yeah.

• never really tried, never good at communicating with anybody, girls especially. lack of socializing and not having a life to speak of make it much more difficult. plus by the time you get out of university or college, there is much less opportunity to get anything started

• Gotta be more financially fluid, in order for my ego to allow me to date again! I have definitely been getting some attention from the ladies so the fishes shall bite! ;-)

• It's a combination of A, C, and E. I chose to not be in a relationship for five years, but also because my insecurities of how I look and how I flirt have caused me to not try since I somewhat let myself go.

However I'm realizing that it's all mainly in my head and really want a girlfriend.

• Not a good time in my life for that now

• I'm single for many reasons... The first is I have major trust issues because I was In love twice and was betrayed both times.😔 But even when I do find someone I bond with there's always some major obstacle blocking my path... I'm not a coward, I don't back down from a challenge but there's only soo far my power extends... Those I obstacles usually involves distance, or families not accepting the color of my skin due to stereotype and bad reputation towards black people lol... There's always a battle to fight when dating outside your race... I'm from California and most of the women that really intrigue me are usually over seas. Don't get me wrong it's all to easy to find a girl close to home but I'm not about to enter a relationship just to simply settle... I either get who I choose or I stay single forever! Finding a mate for me is like solving a calculus math problem lol
    http://i60.tinypic.com/111mgdc.jpg[/IMG]

• I am single because I am taking a break from dating. Plus to add on top of that I really don't have the time to date right now.

• Because none is ready to be my cowgirl

• Because my wife passed away. I've given some thought to dating again.

• Quite a few reasons:

- I have insecurities
    - I'm shy and socially awkward
    - I want to be by myself a lot and do what I want when I want which would not be as possible of I was in a relationship
    - I haven't met a girl in my city who likes me

• I do want to date, but i'm not ready plus i'm afraid of rejection. also every relationship I've attempted went up in flames

• It's complicated lol.

• All of the above.

• very insecure, shy, I look below average, not very outgoing person and girls just don't seem to find me interesting in general :(

• I don't have time: study.

• Im not a 100% sure,, but I think I may be giving off some pheremone that tells women im inferior or something.

• I haven't found anyone interesting enough for me. There is one person that I might be interested in going out with, but I am not entirely sure.

• I choose to be single because I think that relationships before marriage is just a waste of time, I don't need a girlfriend, I only need a wife, and time for marriage hasn't came for me yet.

• I just get unlucky, and get turned down all of the time. 😧

• My answer is a combination of A, B, C, D, and E.

• I don't know how to approach girls in the form of relationship. Also I feel like I have tl fix my self first you know. Like my life

• Cuz I'm 14 and nobody got time for dat

• Guess I'm just not desired enough.

• I wish I had a girlfriend, my last two were mean to me so I got rid of them and I'm honestly regretting it :(

• Because i'm a socially awkward weirdo. How does that sound?

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 36

• Because my partner would just eat me D:

• I'm no longer single, but thinking back to when I was, none of the answers you put really explain it. Closest would be "I choose to be", but that wasn't exactly true. I simply chose not to settle or to be in a relationship with whoever came along just for the sake of being in a relationship. I was single (for YEARS) because I just hadn't met someone who I wanted to be in a committed relationship that also wanted the same thing from me. Simple as that.

• I'd rather establish who I am as a person and come to full terms with myself before jumping into a relationship with somebody. How can he know me if I don't really know myself yet?

• Right now I choose to be single. I've dealt with too much drama with boys last year and this year and I can't handle it. I also am a commitmentphobe, so I see no point trying to go into a committed relationship when I know I can't handle one.

• i chose A but i seriously think it's a weird mixture of all the above.

• I choose to be one, because I am not ready for a commitment. It takes a lot to enter a serious relationship.

• I hardly fall for anyone, I just had one crush in my entire life time till today.. And he liked me back too but I chose to be single. Is it weird that I dont want to date and just directly get married?

• because I can :)

taking applications, ANYONE? YES? NO? OKAY FINE! NO! :P

• I'm taking a break from relationships

• Because I don't know what I want.

• Because I refuse to settle.

• Because I'm an awkward, complicated little shithead.

• I need money to get to chris evans house
    Then I won't be single
    Yup

• I think I'm single because I don't put myself out there enough to meet new people

• I have a bazillion insecurities and nobody likes me in real life. :(

• I like u ;-) <3

• @Monsters uhh nope 😂

• Yup yup you ought one good thing about yourself.

• I use to think about it now I just stop caring.

• I vote A.
    jhk

• I broke up w/my girlfriend of two months this week bc I'm depressed and she deserves better

• Haven't met anyone worthy enough to change that.

• I'm not ready to be committed to one person. For now I'll stick to casual dating.

• I don't know, the people I like never like me back😕

• He hasn't found me yet ^_^

• no clue tbh

• Cause I chose to be :D I LOVE my freedom! ;D

• My time hasn't come.

• I had high standards and pushed many great guys away, now i stay alone in an empty apartment waiting...

• I'm sorry but guys you've got to stop being so desperate! It's gotten nasty!! I choose to be single, I'm still waiting for my Prince Charming. I'm not settling up with others.

• I'm not single.

• just turned out that way for me who knows why all I gotta say it's definitely going to be difficult if you like really attractive guys and do not associate with guys as friends and as a girl are expected to wait to be approached.

• Because I enjoy being single :D

• More from Girls
    6