Do guys usually have a problem with quiet girls?

Today I walked up to order food with my sister and the guy had asked us where we were from Just asking random questions and my sister mainly answered.. So I didn't feel obligated to jump in.. I came up again to order by myself and the guy was like "your quiet huh" or "you don't talk much " something like that and I don't know the way he said it came off kinda rude like he had a problem with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not so much a problem but more so... eh... a sort of... not really sure what to say so just coughing up words about how they see you.
    I've done it myself. It's nothing mean , it's just an observation.

• So would you do the same thing the guy did in this situation then?

• I didn't find the silence awkward at all... :/
      I was just ordering food..
      But I get what you mean
      By the ranting about the weather small talk shit (:

• Well as he said lol you ARE a quiet girl. So perhaps this is all starting to come together.

What Guys Said 8

• Well, there is being a quiet person and there is ignoring someone. I don't think there are any problems with quiet girls, although they may miss more opportunities than normal by remaining quiet and disengaging themselves. However this is not due to repulsing the man.

Getting ignored feels worse. I wouldn't have said anything about it like that guy did though. I know he felt bad about it, but coming up and bugging you more isn't the right way to handle it. I think it is better to just stop talking when you know someone isn't listening or interested in listening instead of trying harder.

• I get he was trying to make small talk but there was no room for me to jump in it seemed like my sister and him had their own convo going on even though he asked both of us that's why I thought it was weird he would feel offended that I didn't make any small talk back.. So when he said your quiet huh I just said yeah I am and left.. I don't know

• Indeed, sounds confusing. He sounds like a fast talker, and perhaps your sister too. If you feel you can't get in a word edgewise, then have him say that... sheash. What a jerk.

• He was trying to engage you in the conversation... and you failed at it.

The number one issue quiet girls have, is that guys perceive them as rude or not interested.

It's rather irritating to try to engage someone who chooses not to talk to me. My attention would be directed to the girl that engages me back.

• I'm much more interested in a girl feeling comfortable talking to me in private than how she acts to a stranger like that.

• maybe he thought you were attractive and was hoping to get to know you better but since you stayed quiet, he missed that opportunity.

He had a second shot by saying "you're quiet huh?"

• yeah because you dont add to the conversation at all and its almost like you're ignoring them so it comes off as rude.

• I don't know I found it kinda weird for him to point it out when I came back... Like just give me my food ! Lol

• I have a problem with shy girls. I don't hold it against them, but I don't want anything to do with them, either. That said, quiet does not necessarely mean shy.

• Yeah I'm not shy... I just didn't feel like I really needed to say anything since my sister kinda answered for me lol

• Exactly, from his attitude it would seem far more likely he thought he was in the center of the world and that you should have talked to him.

• you don't know what is on their mind.

• He was trying to get you to talk because he likes you more than your sister.

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes they do.

• Some don't consider them as fun or they think their boring because they don't or rarely talk. This is coming from a sort of quiet person that gets told this.

• So you're quiet? You don't have to talk if you don't want to.