What do guys think of 'different' girls?

I'm just wondering this, but I know some friends who are really unique (like loyal, awkward, shy, emotionless in one person etc.) And guys tend to avoid them. (one of them is my friend's crush.) Like is there something bad about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• The bad part is how it makes you feel. Almost like afraid to be noticed, wanting to reach out to others, but not knowing how, or what to say, always feeling like an outsider, always alone in a crowd. Never really comfortable. It hurts to smile because you are so anxious it always feels forced, and it looks that way too.
    There's nothing wrong with being introverted. The world needs more of us!
    Some hints
    - introverts do better in 1 on 1 settings.
    - we are great listeners. Practise this.
    - also practise smiling, until it comes more naturally
    - keep a private journal maybe about things you are grateful for.
    - mindfulness meditation
    Be kind to yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• all those traits dont make you sound more attractive it makes you sound like a mindless zombie thats waiting to bite you if you get close

• I like shy women but they come off as rude and callous

What Girls Said 3

• Nobody wants to date someone who's emotionless/emotionally unavailable. Kind of defeats the purpose of a relationship since you're supposed to open up and show vulnerability in a relationship.

• well i didn't exactly mean 'emotionless' I just really meant sometimes just quiet all of a sudden. Sorry, I just like to over-exaggerate.

• I think teenagers tend to try to lump people into single categories: "the jock," "the nerd," "the weird kid in the corner," "the stoner," etc. because despite their supposed amazing social skills, they haven't yet figured out that people are not black-and-white. (This sounds sarcastic but I don't mean it that way.)

• I like unique guys.