Have you cut corn syrup from your diet?

Just a poll to see how many are aware of how bad eating high fructose corn syrup is.

It's not easy to do this because 90% of main brand sweets have this. Like most cold cereals, candy, etc.

• Yes, I have cut it
  • No, I don't care

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup. My whole family are in the medical field so they're strict on nutrition and high fructose is definitely a no-no.

What Girls Said 4

• Corn syrup is NOT the same HFCS

I don't use a lot of sweeteners in general but I do use corn or other natural syrups sometimes

• You're right, but the two often go together these days because HFCS is the cheapest sweetener.

• Not really!

Because hfcs is so cheap normal standard corn syrup is very rarley used in combination

• I've seen it in combination in some pie fillers, but good thing it's still listed.

• No. I eat whatever I want which doesn't mean that I live off of sweets and junk food. Moderation is the key :)

• Not completely, I try not to eat a lot of processed foods but I'm not crazy about it.

Ps, everyone knows it's bad for you.

• Most people seem to be oblivious to how bad it actually is.

• No I usually eat what I want. I don't have a certain diet

What Guys Said 7

• The only detriment to eating HFCS is that it is a more complex form of carbohydrate than table sugar and therefore engages insulin production for a longer period of time. In this regard, a potato is more injurious.

• No. There are many problems with it including, but not limited to causing fatty liver through lipogenesis, which leads to diabetes, and containing the toxins used for its manufacture such as chloralkali which contains mercury, with other chemicals we know nothing about.

• lol suit yourself... I'm gong to go have a Coke.

• I live on the mexican border and I can get cokes there with sugar, which taste a lot better anyway.

• I don't go out of my way to actively avoid any single substance, which is why I voted B. But B is a loaded choice. Not all people who do not avoid it don't care. I do care, but I also want to enjoy certain things in life that are bad for me, you know? :)

It's just annoying that it gets put in way too many products. Which is also why one should be diligent, read labels and eat made-from-scratch as often as possible. I am trying. ;)

• HFCS doesn't even taste better than cane sugar, so special to enjoy about it? It's added to stuff because it will reduce the cost by a few cents.

• It doesn't but the food still is, to me. I'd rather see it going away too, but can't do.

• Never heard of corn syrup. Though, I have looked on the back of American products. So many R numbers and colorings! 😲

• Yeah, but many people automatically assume those additives are bad when that's not always the case. Some have scary names or labels, but actually come from a natural source. Like how carrots are used to color candies a bright orange.

• Eh, I could go on. How every kid has 'ADHD', the coloring turn kids insane. I would know, I was a crazy little shit. I have ADHD now, but I had it even without the Colorings and E numbers as a kid.
      I've been on meds ever since I was 6. They regulate my behavior and keep me calm.

• I don't eat candy or sweet cereal and the cereal I do eat doesn't have it so I don't eat it anyway.

• Long ago, my friend, along with all chemicals and GMO's.

• I like my gummys and candy so I'll never cut it from my diet... ever

• You can do it. Eat Paleo.