I'm wondering if people only look at my in public because I'm tall?

Out in public (on the subway or something), I usually notice guys looking at me... but I'm not sure if it's just because I live in a city where most people are foreign (immigrants) and are usually quite short.

I'm 5'8 or 5'9, and a lot of women aren't even 5'0...

Do you think these guys are looking because I'm a freak of nature where I live? It makes me feel very uncomfortable...

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt people are looking at you in public because your height.

Sure, 5'8/5'9 is tall for a girl but that's BARELY tall for a girl (unless Canada is entirely different from the United States.) If you were 6'2 or so and a girl, I can see people maybe looking at you, because that' even tall for a guy. You're not near tall enough for a girl to be considered a "freak of nature." Maybe guys are looking at you because they find you attractive?

And there are very few women under 5'0. Almost every girl I see (even in high school) is taller than 5'0 lol.

What Guys Said 7

• Where exactly is this immigrants place you talk about? I'm from Canada as well and I know that it's a multicultural or diverse place to live in. Most of us guys tends to look at you because we like what we see, and we check you out because you're attractive or beautiful; your height has nothing to do with it to be honest.

• They look for a combination of reasons. First of all, you're attractive, so that's one reason. Second, yes, people look at tall people, especially foreigners. When I go to the Mexican parts of my town I stand out like a giant because I'm 6'0" tall. Everyone else is between 4'10" and 5'8". Third, subways are creeper hell. I swear there are people who ride public transportation all day just to stare at others.

• ya.. I feel like most people on subways actually don't have a destination

• No you most probably extra noticeable because of your height but you are attractive which is what makes them actually stare at you :)

• They're ogling you.

• No, they look at you because you're hot obviously. i feel like you should be aware of this already.

• If you're the one in the pictures, they look at you because you're hot. Now, don't be so cocky.

• Yes. I am 6'1 but still look at girls who are over 5'8 because I'm not from Sweden where the average height is 5'7

The average height of women in the US and UK is 5'4-5'5. Europeans are taller.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm about your height and I often thought the same since I get the stares as well but then again I think guys wouldn't look at someone who they think is really ugly for a long time so.. Just try to see it more as a compliment and be proud of your hide and of standing out! Height is still seen as an ideal of beauty after all. ;)

• I sometimes slouch because I wish I were shorter

• Don't do that! You shouldn't be ashamed of your height. Just embrace the fresh air and your long legs lol! I needed to learn to love my height at first as well, but since I started modelling I found out about so many benefits of being this tall and now I even wanna be taller (not a lot tho but a little ^^). Just think of all the advantages we have as opposed to short people. :)

• I'm about 5'9" myself and I usually wear 3 inch heel. most guys usually checks you out or look at you because they find you attractive

• They are looking at you because you happen to be pretty as well as tall.