Why am I so nervous about finding a job after university?

I feel so nervous about finding a job related to my degree because I feel I don't have the experience and I'll get rejected.
If I do get a job, I'm afraid that I'll suck at my job, even though I will have a degree I still wouldn't know everything. Half of what I would have learnt at uni would have escaped my knowledge! Because it was essentially written based not really imbeded in my head for good.
Am I the only one who feels like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• its normal, you need to be thinking ahead of your peers and apply for unpaid internships during each summer. in my field having a degree on its own is useless, you need the experience in addition to that to stand a chance of getting a job but a lot of under grads dont realise this and end up unemployable after uni finishes.

you are already in a good position because you realise this, just find as much work experience and unpaid volunteering placements as you can even if its at weekends or for a few weeks. it builds up and looks really good on your c. v./resume

What Girls Said 1

• it is totally normal!

What Guys Said 4

• it's not uncommon... findin a job isn't easy :)

• Because it is a scaring thing to do; plenty of competition yo

• You've already explained the reason why. It's normal as the job market is very competitive.

• University is a massive waste of time unless you've got a degree specific to what you want to do, graduates aren't taken seriously in the workplace unless they are willing to accept they know nothing. You'll have to accept the bottom rung of the ladder somewhere (middle management) and work your way up.