Can you actually believe that there is or was a son of God?

Please explain

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I don't want to believe in random stuff because it feels good. If that was the case, I could also believe that I'm a millionaire. I am somebody who wants his believes to be as accurate and realistic as possible. This means that I need some kind of reliable, scientific evidence. Since christians (or other religions for that matter) have not been able to provide any kind of evidence for any kind of god (s) during the past few thousand years (one would think that's more than enough time to come up with something good), I have to assume that these believes are simply untrue feel-good believes, which I am absolutely not interested in adopting. If I wanna be happy, I just eat some chocolate. I'm not afraid of death. I don't think it's a tragedy that there is nothing to come after death. In fact I find it very arrogant of religious people to believe that they're so incredibly important and that the universe/god has to serve them by providing them a paradise after death and that kind of stuff. I like knowing that I am small and unimportant. It makes me feel in union with nature. To nature, I am just as important as a deer or tiger or tree. I think that's a nice thought. So there's no reason to myself artificially feel good.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm an atheist so no

• i don't know tbh.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm Catholic, so yes I do believe that Jesus is the son of God. I know there are many religions out there, and that they do have other beliefs and I respect that and I am not going to convince them otherwise. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

• Finally can hi5 with you for once!🙌

• But what makes you think that God had a son? I don't care about your religion, I just want a good logical answer to the idea of son of God.

Don't take this too harsh though.

• nah i have no proof :(

• Yes, I am the son of God. I went sent here to rid the people of the year 4000AD of their sins. I have no idea why I am in the year 2015, but hey. Let's get to it. Dat logic.
    *preaches nonsense*

(Please don't be offended, it's a mere joke)

• Yes, God is made up of three separate persons, yet all with the same personality. Jesus is one of them.

• I believe in Jesus, the Son of God

• There is proof that Jesus was a real person. Whether he was the son of god or not is up for debate. Personally I think yes.

• The bible says Jesus was the son of God so that's more than enough proof for me.