Why can't people fathom that I choose not to drink?

I went to the bar and I get people who bug the shit out of me and will spend like 20 minutes asking me in different ways why I don't drink. It's cause I don't want to!!! Maybe next time I do it cause I choose to be different. I used to be the guy who just goes with the flow of things and I guess was kind of a doomat. Well I decided I wasn't happy doing that so now I just do I want and i'm much happier. I've gone from being super stressed out to only mildly irritated now. lol Maybe I should start telling people it's cause I try and be different.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's fine that people are asking. I'm a vegan and one a I tell people I have to assume I'm spending the next 20mins explaining veganism to them. But just be cool and open about it.
    You never know telling someone your reason could really change their life/lifestyle. So I find it best to just lay it all out so there's no further question.
    It gets annoying but they're just curious

• It's fine they ask about it, but they don't listen and try to force me to become a drinker with them

• I get the same thing with meat and animal products. Just tell them no thank you. It's annoying but that's just how people are

What Girls Said 4

• its just odd to be a teetotaler in a bar

• I don't like drinking really. And even at my age, people make a big deal out of it.

Sorry I choose to not get shitfaced all the time.

• Good job. Dont drink :)

• Ignore them. They will stop bothering you for it.

What Guys Said 3

• U do well bro... people cannot see being sober is gr8

• Good for you man... nothing wrong with not choosing to drink. Drinking is a waste of coin... you can probably save the money that you would use to get drunk and be able to buy something really cool in a year or two.

• I don't drink as well. Caffeine is my vice.