Is it bad to call a "slow" person retarded?

So I have a co-worker who is pretty stupid. If an average I. Q is 100 he is probably 80ish. He is young 20years old 27 and he would insult me make fun of my weight throw stuff at me and just laugh like a hayina. I work in a remote site for weeks on end so I'm stuck with him. It got so toxic I yelled at him "stop being a fucking retard!" He asked me not to call him that which I did but he never stopped trying to not do his work, irritate me or be in general all around toxic. So Istarted it up again, I do feel guilty but at the same time I tell him stop doing all this negative things stop being toxic and acting retarded and I'll stop calling you a retard.

I've told him to stop he even followed me into a windowless room talking shit and I'm bigger than him and I held him up against the wall and told him to cut that shit out. For some reason he think I'm a cool co-worker maybe because he has no friends Nd the fact we are stuck together for weeks on end gives him some Stockholm syndrome.

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't call anyone retarded no matter the circumstance, sometimes harsh words can slip out though, generally if you hold in emotions for so long against someone who gives flak on the daily basis, tell him calmly that he does need to change his attitude, if that's already been done, then bring a supervisor with you. If you feel that might cause more conflict, however, then just ask the supervisor if you can do something else without him that he impedes on your performance on the job. It is a job, so be professional, courtesy with those you work with and for is essential to a healthy environment. Just don't cause stress where everyone is already stressed from work, it's hard but it helps keep work more tolerant for you and for others.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it's right to call anyone that word. It's really offensive and to use it against someone who annoys you is not the right thing to do. If I were you, I'd just talk to him about it, but keep the slurs out of it.

• It's not okay to talk to anyone like that regardless of the situation. Can you file any sort of complaint with human resources or your supervisor? His behavior is not acceptable and he knows it's not but no ones ever told him no I'm guessing.

• in your situation, no

i wouldn't call someone who really was mentally or physically disabled a retard though

• It's bad to call anyone retarded actually

• It's pretty rude but hey, that's just who you are

What Guys Said 6

• perhaps there is a better method than fighting fire with fire. a lot of people will see it as rude though but if someone is fucking with me then I don't give a fuck.
    27.media.tumblr.com/...m1mo1wzFiu1qbubzqo1_400.gif

• no don't do it... just report him if he;s mean

• Sounds like high school all over again.

• the only retard is you.

its not your problem if he doesn't do his work and gets laid off is it?

stop acting like it is retard.

• well... there's a lot of retarded people on here... but they are retarded due to willful ignorance on their part. In these instances, i think its quite acceptable to call a spade a spade. He sounds dumb to me, but there are better ways to handle your case

• If he gon act like a bitch, he gon die like a bitch! If people behave like dickheads then they get the insults they ask for, I wouldn't feel bad about it, I don't think it's wrong.