Girls, so how can I overcome insecurity?

I think I'm an ugly person because I get no attention or compliments from any female but my friends do I know you'll say it's about personality but I don't feel like it's that way.. I hate my life

17

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no step by step process to get over insecurity I'm afraid, but I think that if you try to not dwell on what others think about you so much that might help. I understand what you mean too, I get no attention and it's discouraging but I think once you kind of stop caring about it, is when things happen for you. Though it's quite hard not to care. Try to focus your mind on other things and don't let it get you down to much. I don't believe people can totally get over their insecurities but I think you can 'surpress' them a bit.
    Also to me personality is the biggest factor but people also need the physical attraction in order for a relationship to work, don't give up but also don't spend to much time on it.

• Also I might add that you are not an unattractive person so I have no clue what you are worried about

What Girls Said 16

• Honestly, I think you can overcome this insecurity by excepting yourself for who you are and developing self-love. It shouldn't matter what others think. Once you begin loving yourself, maybe reading some self help books or motivational articles, people will acknowledge the respect you have for yourself and become attracted to you.

Based off of my experience :)

• 1. Work on your looks. Fix whatever you don't like.
    2. Fund a hobby/sport you like. Explore different activities and just get out there. Get ocupied!
    3. Get really good at whatever you like.
    4. Gain self confidence.
    5. Go out and meet women. Develop thick skin. If she's rude/ not interested move on to someone who will appreciate you. Its going to take a couple tries.

• You have to stop basing your looks off what people say. Love yourself and not seek validation from others... Also it could be a personality thing

I'm the quiet one among my friends but I hardly get attention unless I'm alone then I get compliments so maybe your friends out shine you?

• Your outlook is distorted. You are very attractive, but as long as you believe that you're all these negative things that will be your reality and people sense it. Focus on your job or school, take up a hobby, and always help people out. I know when I feel shitty it's better when I focus on making someone else happy. Always remember you are unique and beautiful person. Once you believe it everything becomes a joy and adventure !

• Have you ever considered therapy to discover the root of your problems?

• Don't hate your life ! Try changing it up a bit. For example get a new hair style or change your wardrobe. When your friends get compliments from females pretend you don't care. Pretend you receive compliments all the time by chicks, you should have that mentality. females probably look at you as ordinary. Like I said before change it up and maybe you'll start getting some attention. Good Luck !

• Be confident about yourself

• Can't be confident if every fucking bitch out there treats me like I'm ugly.. I'm over it!! I'm over life I'm over working at god damn walmart I just had enough

• i gotta admit your hot thats weird coming from a 15 year old but hey its true and most girls are shy and scared to give a guy a compliment or talk to them don ttake it personally its just how girls are

• I used to feel the same away but you really need to take baby steps to loving who you are. I started out with conquering my insecurities, like my hair. I refused to allow myself to style my hair until I learned to love it naturally.
    Also, God really helped me learn to love myself again. I mean He was willing to send His Son, Jesus, to die for me and for you, so we must be worth something to Him?

• Find the route of this cause of insecurity... If you are asking this because u agknowledge your insecure then that's the first step and your o the right track

• You're not even ugly wtf? You'll meet a great girl one day, don't worry and focus on living a good life

• Compliment yourself?

• Arabian is right, you need to be confident and be proud of who you are
    We-Love-Confidence

• Hate my god damn life

• I simply believe life isn't worth it

• Then don't listen to what you believe and listen to me
      It is worth it, you need to keep fighting and if you keep it up it's only matter of time until you see it too

I once lost hope too, but I'm glad I didn't listen to the doubts in my head and fought back

• I have the exact same problem so I'll be eager to hear this as well. I get no compliments from the opposite gender. So just so you know you are not alone in feeling like you are ugly. ( moral support, I guess )

• you can overcome insecurity by believing that you are a wonderful and beautiful person have confidence don't care what others think and if you mean this in a way pertaining to girls note that you are quite attractive above average id say a 9

• What are you good at? What are your good points?