Is my girlfriend jealous or being "protective" over me in this situation with another girl?

I was at a banquet dinner last night with some people i knew from my job and i invited my girlfriend. So my girlfriend was on one side and this other girl on the other side of me. This other girl kept talking with me and before the event want to know about my girlfriend for some reason. i got caught up in talking with the other girl and when the other girl left to get a drink, my girlfriend demanded me to switch seats and she seemed a bit (the other girl touched my hand but insisted she wanted to only feel my watch and see it). Well i did switch seats and the rest of the night was awkaward, but i did talk with my girlfriend.

The girl texted me saying how my girlfriend should not treat me like a dog and command me, she also said she is jelous of her. I won't like this girl is beatiful. So what is going on here, Is my girlfriend jealous or being "protective" over me in this situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• She felt like you were giving the other girl attention.
    She was jealous and felt disrespected.
    I would feel the same way too.

• If my man acts like im not there and is talking to the other girl pretty much the whole time... how could I not feel that way? I must not be human.

• No problem. Thanks for mho

• no prob

What Girls Said 6

• It sure seems like it. She is being Jelouse but I could see why. If you have problems with this I'd recommend talking to your girlfriend about it.

• I love my girlfriend way more than the other chick but the other girl did laugh at all my jokes and did touch me so i think my girlfriend was trying to be protective, my girlfriend is very beautiful so i don't think she has insecurities :)

• I don't like the other girl.

She obviously wants you.

Your girlfriend was being protective :)

• You got caught up talking with another girl. She's insecure, probably cause she thinks that girl was more beautiful than her. She's just jealous, it'll go over. Or I could be wrong, I've never been in an relationship so yeah

• I love my girlfriend way more than the other chick but the other girl did laugh at all my jokes and did touch me so i think my girlfriend was trying to be protective, my girlfriend is very beautiful so i don't think she has insecurities, i lover her a lot and she does seem confident too at times

• You're so sweet haha :)

• i made a mistake and i could tell she wasn't too happy afterwards and didn't reply to my texts so i'll do what i said. i want my sunshine to be happy always :)

• She is being protective. She felt clearly felt left out. This other girl is clearly trying to provoke your girlfriend. She is really disrespectful to message you and say what she said, you need to protect your relationship from negative people. Your girlfriend picked up on her clear motives. Sorry. Girls act this way. Your girlfriend also could have asked you kindly to include you in the conversation or something.

• I love my girlfriend way more than the other chick but the other girl did laugh at all my jokes and did touch me so i think my girlfriend was trying to be protective, yeah i agree i was paying more attention to the other girl but she was the one talking to me first. Dang i hope my girlfriend doesn't feel disrespected she actually didn't text me back when i texted her good morning. I was wrong now that i think about it and i owe my girlfriend an apology for doing so. I'll tel the other girl to back off cause i'm not interested in her but say it in a nice way

• It sounds like the other girl was flirting with you and your girlfriend was probably jealous because you forgot about her. I say you should talk to her about what happened to fully understand her feeling about it. Girls are all about the feelings

• I love my girlfriend way more than the other chick but the other girl did laugh at all my jokes and did touch me so i think my girlfriend was trying to be protective, my girlfriend is very beautiful so i don't think she has insecurities. i understand my girlfriend might be jelous cause i wasn't talking with her for a while there but i mean you think she might have a insecurity?

• I think that was a good call and I hope everything is good for y'all

• we're good now and thank you

• she's jealous!

• why is it so? my girlfriend is more beautiful in my opinion. I love my girlfriend way more than the other chick but the other girl did laugh at all my jokes and did touch me so i think my girlfriend was trying to be protective i would say

What Guys Said 3

• I think a lot of girls tend to do that kind of stuff. No matter how calm and collected your girlfriend may say she is when she sees a possible threat to her man she does whatever it takes lol. Don't be so hard on her she just cares about you and having that feeling that she worries about losing you can feel nice

• Haha ya he is right my girl does the same thing at parties I don't know why they do it

• i'mnot being hard on her, i never brought it up with her today but i just wanted to ask, but i got my answer.

• sounds she's kinda bossy bro :|

• She's being insecure.

• you think so? i think it's she doesn't want other gals to tlak to me and touch me (well in this case my wirst)

• yeah, that's insecurity and trust issues.