1. Which country/culture are you from? 2. Who of the 5 characters in this story do you think is the best? Who is the worst?

There lived a woman named Abigail who was in love with a man named Gregory. Gregory lived on the opposite shore of the same river. The river that separated the two lovers was full of dangerous alligators.

Abigail wanted to cross the river to be with Gregory. Unfortunately, the bridge had been washed out by a heavy flood the previous month.

So she went to ask Sinbad, a riverboat captain, to take her across. He said that he would be glad if she would agree to go to bed with him before the voyage. She promptly refused and went to a friend named Ivan to explain her situation. Ivan said he did not want to be involved in the situation.

Abigail felt her only alternative was to accept Sinbad's terms. She went to bed with him and as promised he delivered her into the arms of her lover, Gregory.

When Abigail told gregory about her experience with Sinbad which she had to do in order to cross the river, Gregory was mad at her and pushed her aside with anger. Heartsick and rejected, Abigail turned to Slug with her sad story. Slug, feeling pity for Abigail went off to find Gregory and beat him brutally. Abigail was overjoyed at the sight of Gregory being beaten. As the sun set that day, people heard Abigail laughing aloud at Gregory.

Most Helpful Guy

• OK, I'm up for a little racial profiling.
    I'm Irish.
    Best behaved - Sinbad
    Worst - Gregory.

• Interesting. Care to explain your choices?

• They were no longer young adults. Probably 40+, maybe even some 45+

• Still kids by my standards! There was an honour killing within a South Asian family living in Canada. The husband AND HIS MOTHER were eventually convicted. Delighed to hear about a much more liberal attitude in Bangladesh in ladies about her age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously Ivan is the best! He's hella smart for saying he doesn't wNna be involved😂😂😂
    PS: I'm from the Netherlands, Amsterdam.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm a Turk and you can say i'm from Middle Eastern culture.
    Bad guy definitely is Sinbad, no question there. Slug is also not a nice fellow. Abigail is simply a slut, not because she slept with Sinbad, but because she did not really love Greg. Greg is just a normal fella who wants her lover to be only with him.
    Worst: Sinbad
    Best: Greg (he's actually a normal fellow, but since there are no good guys he is the best in the group.)

• Greg wants to be with his lover, but doesn't appreciate the length she went through for her to get to him. Rather than forgiving her, he pushed her aside (violence?)

• i´m German and this is what i think:
    worst person: Abigail best person Ivan (allthough its not because he´s good but because the rest is just so shitty)

• Why is abigail the worst? I think she's just stupid not necessarily mor@lly the worst

• i think it was morally "stupid" to fuck sindbad. though it is morally very bad to be happy about your love being beaten up. that part makes her worse than sindbad.

• Gregory was the best in the story because he could have push her away because he's mad at her and ivan. And he was going to. Fight ivan but no she snapped and beat up Greg before Greg got his own revenge or a chance to make up his heart. Ivan got what he. Wanted. Abigail was a horny crazy psycho who when she didn't get her way snapped and beat up the wrong person being ivan.

American USA! USA!! USA!!!

• I liked Sinbad the best because his name was Sinbad. I hate Abigail the most only because she cheated on her lover.
    I'm from America, but was raised with German culture.

• This is for health class isn't it.

• Australia.
    Sinbad
    Ivan

• Best is sinbad, worst is ivan? Interesting. How come?

• Yeah if you're not willing to help, the best you can do is stay out of it. Be switzerland. That way you stay safe.

Yes, abigail seems to be a questionable as well. I agree with you there. Sinbad is like the snake that tempts eve, with abigail being eve.

• I'm sure Gregory would have much preferred for Abigail to wait for the waters to recede

What Girls Said 3

• I'm from the U. S. and Ivan was the best (mostly because he did nothing, which isn't good, but it's better to me than what the other people were doing). I can't decide if Slug or Abigail was worse.

On one hand, Slug just brutally beat up a guy, which wasn't okay even if Gregory was an asshole, and I'm very much against unnecessary violence. But Abigail took such joy out of it that I imagine she's a little psychopathic. Sure, she was heartbroken, but her reaction sounds too excessive and possibly would have even encouraged Slug to keep beating him.

• Worst is Gregory.
    Best is.. I don't know.. nobody..

• Girls tend to not like gregory, guys tend to agree with him. I don't understand how someone could think gregory is the best

• While I understand it's not nice to hear someone he loved slept with someone else to be with him, he's incapable of empathy, understanding the reason she did it was for love and to be with him.
      What did he do to be with her? Nothing. I would argue he didn't love her enough, otherwise he'd do everything to be with her and understand her motiv... and maybe... even glad that HE didn't have to sleep with Sinbad to be with her.

• That Ivan.. is he riverboat captain too? Cuz that's what I initially thought when I read it. That's why I found his action to be absolutely wrong too, because he could have helped by demanding less, but he didn't.

• That's just a mad story!!!
    Yay! I loved it!!! Lol..