Is it bad that I love belly dancing?

Recently, I've just loved it. (i don't do it myself but I'd love to start.) The dance, the outfits, just everything! It's a great way to lose weight as well. I don't see it as a sexual dance. I don't see how it is- all it is, is moving around just like any other dance! My sister said that it's just a type of stripper dance... but it's not. It is actually an art form which was originally made by and for entertaining women in private. It was only later that men found out about it and it became known as "sexy" to some people. But that was not the way it was intended. In some countries ballet is banned because people think the women in tights and short skirts are "too sexy" and that kicking their legs up is obscene. When you look at it this way, belly dancing actually seems tame. So why is it bad that I like it?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• do yo thang gurl

• Hahah, okay. I will, thanks!

• hahhha not bad... not my taste though LOL

• haha, good :D Fair enough xD

• No definitely not bad! I don't see belly dancing as sexual either, I mean, yes it can be hot, but so can just about anything really. It's more art than anything.

• Awesome! Haha, yeah true. Fair enough :D

• no. it's not even a sexual thing, even though most who do it tend to be hot.

• It's not bad that you like it. Why would you think it was?

What Girls Said 3

• Nothing wrong with that at all. Plus it's hard as hell to do.

• That's great! Do you see it as a sexual dance though?

• To me it just makes the person doing the dance look sexy but I see it more as maybe a story telling. Still trying to move your stomach like that is seriously fucken hard. I tried to once and failed epically :D

• Oh, yeah I get what you're saying! Hahah, I know right? Aww, practice makes perfect though :)

• Not bad at all! I want to take up classes.

• They have loads on youtube!

• its not bad at all.