If I cut my hair shorter, will that make my highlights/bleached hair grow out faster?

I recently highlighted my hair red, it's starting to fade orangey/blonde. I had to bleach it in order to get the red colour on my black hair but I don't want to keep constantly dyeing it till my natural hair grows back.

My hair is down to my lower back but if I cut it up to my shoulders, will that help in making the bleach grow out faster?

Most Helpful Girl

• It will not grow faster because it grows from the roots. However, your ends won't break off that much and it will end up looking more healthy overall.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• by cutting your hair it'll probably make it healthier, and it might grow slightly quicker. i'm kinda in the same situation haha. trying to dye my hair back to my natural color but i'm waiting for my hair to grow out more!

• Do you feel like your hair has gotten to a point where it doesn't grow? That would be the only reason I would say that you should cut it. Unless you really want to go that short, you would be able to take of 4 inches and wait two months, then do it again.

• No, hair doesn't grow faster if you cut it, that's a myth.

• no it will not.