Agree or disagree: People often mistake the term "troll" for internet flamers?

When people tend to think of trolls, they think of people who either disagree with them or just happens to have a bit of an unpopular opinion. That's just having different opinions. A troll by definition are people who intended to deliberately piss people off through the internet, receiving an angry response from them for shits and giggles.

Now, internet flamers on the other hand, are people who not only hold different viewpoints from others and dislike and disrespect other people's beliefs, they also maliciously attack others with those different opinions out of the intention of starting a senseless, heated argument/debate.

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• Agreed, actually. People say the guys here who says "lol drown in a lake" are trolls, but really they are just asshats. Trolls generally make a point. You can only rile up people if you attack something they will be eager to defend. That is why religious topics tend to waltz down the roadway to verbal hell.

What Girls Said 3

• The word is overused and I find it extremely annoying.

• i think so :D

• Yeah I agree

What Guys Said 7

• ttroll = very misused in our days :|

• Guilty - Always thought troll was too wide a definition for what I thought it was.

• Same with how some people call anyone who doesn't agree with them racists or misogynists. *DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA*

• A lot of sensitive, butt hurt people tend to think that. It's usually people who ask questions that they know will receive extreme opinions, but then they are surprised when people disagree with them.

• Depends on the question. If the question was a stupid question and there to deliberately piss people off, then maybe but it's stupid to call someone a troll just because they happen to have an unpopular opinion that's not a part of the norm.

• Yeah its not always easy detecting a troll.

• I'll call whoever I want a troll, let's just leave it at that.

• Yeah.. Nowadays people just say trolls to everyone.