I need help with this question, what does it mean?

Rule centered societies like USA feel that general rules should have global application and that all comers should compete on a level playing field.. what does this mean

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Countries like USA have a set of rules or laws that cover every topic you can think of. The question is asking if these rules or laws should be adopted in every country. This would mean that no country has too much of an advantage over other countries.

I think it is implying that so many third world countries have few laws, although in some cases these are strictly enforced.

Personally, I think that some western countries have destroyed much of the culture of other countries to their detrement!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• huh... never seen this before? who mentioned it?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is pretty self explanatory. What part are you having difficulty with?

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont understand it.. can u explain it easier way

• Rules based societies like to ignore the individual differences between people and circumstances. In ignoring both natural and societal variation they try and apply rules evenly, as if every member of society should and can compete on an "even playing field". An even playing field assumes that when those rules are applied everyone has the same chance to compete and succeed. (This isn't the way of the real world, by the way...)

• you understand that a family-based society tends to nurture each person as an individual, supporting weakness and exploiting the strengths of each person as an individual.

What Girls Said 1

• is that your homework?

0|0
    0|0