Can a song make you feel depressed? Is it unhealthy for you to listen to it? even though its a beautiful song?

there's this song that makes me feel sad but its beautiful to listen to it. I dunno if its not good to feel sad or depressed during listening the song. 'dead in the water' by ellie goulding.

• its normal to have a song like that
  • stop listening to the song
  • listen to it less often than you would
  • I'm weird

Most Helpful Girl

• I also have a few songs that make me feel sad but I don't think it is bad. Sometimes when you are sad you need something to listen to that can reflect your emotions. When I'm down no amount of happy songs can cheer me up.

What Guys Said 7

• So many people have given me up and let me down, it's torture to listen to this song now. But I keep coming back for the sick dance moves and the timeless, impeccable clothing style...
    http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

• 1|0
  • depends on... which period of my life i'm listenin 2 it!

• Its normal... some songs have that effect on us... it makes us remember something we lost or something we liked... and that's why it makes you sad...

But don't listen to a song like that too many times... 😊

• I have song that makes me cry every time I listen to it! I only listen to that song when I feel alone!

• Music has a strong influence on the mind. It can change how you feel. If a song is making you feel sad stop for now.

• being depressed is usually why you listen to them.

What Girls Said 4

• Nothings wrong with that you just have a very emotional connection to the song. It speaks to your emotions

• i saw this somewhere and I feel it is true..."All emotions have purpose. Sadness isn’t destructive if not prolonged. Sadness isn’t unproductive, as it offers awareness."

• B. Liisten to a happy song.

Or something that gets your adrenaline pumping. Michael Jackson still rocks.

• dont listen to it.