Is this fair or un-fair?

i am 18 and should have graduated high school last week but my school is making me stay a fifth year. Here's why, i dropped out of Spanish which was a "career completer" i now have to take culinary to graduate for my "career completer" (this is a 2 semester course and it was to late in the year to take it). here's the thing i had no choice than to drop out of Spanish because i have a language impairment problem. It is impossible for me to learn a new language and to pass that class. i literally stayed in the bathroom when i had that class because i was to embarassed of my disabilty and people would laugh at me. i told the school my problem and the did the whole "to bad so sad" thing. In my opinion i don't think this is fair. what do you think? do you think they should have come up with something else and still let me graduate or just let me stay the 5th year.

• it is fair
  • it is not fair

Most Helpful Girl

• it is fair.

• how?

• If can learn English why can't you learn another language? Do you realize Spanish is super easy compared to English?

Hiding in the bathroom is not the solution to problems in life. You would think you would know better by 18.

• i can only learn one language fully that is all my brain can take i can learn and understand parts of different languages but not enough for my to pass a class. so i try my best

What Guys Said 3

• They can impossibly do this. I don't know whether your inability makes you a special needs student, but if you have professional proof of this disability, by a doctor , psychology for example, they must accept it. You can even sue them for what they did to you if the before mentioned applies.

• i have psychological proof and i am in a special ED class with people like me and with people that have mood disorders. that class makes you graduate on a 4 year plan but not in my case

• I don't know then :/

• Guess nah..

• It's no fair!

What Girls Said 2

• Is it possible to take it during the summer course?

• i asked them about it and they said "no you have to participate with the class in the fall"

• Of course it's not fair, most public schools have a very stupid way of running things.