Girls, My period lasts for 2 days?

I thought it was normal to have a really heavy flow and it only last for 2 days. But people have been telling me it usually lasts for a week. I just wake up and im covered in blood and thats how I know I started my period... is normal or should I get this checked out?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• When you're quite young, periods aren't really "normal" and can take a few years to regulate. Some girls will even go a few months with no period at all. There's no set time to how long it lasts either, it can be 7 days but mine isn't and neither are any of my sisters or friends as far as I'm aware.
    Get a period tracker app, put in all info every month and in 6 months time you can review it and see if there's anything worrying you.

What Girls Said 19

• I think it's normal. It depends on the body type. My periods have always lasted for only two to three days and I'm healthy.

• Sounds pretty nice to me. It's no problem. Girls under 18 often have irregular periods. So maybe this time it's 2 days, next time it might be 5 days. It doesn't matter.

• well you're still young and your bleeding pattern is not yet stable there's nothing to worry about

• You're fine. Mine usually only lasts for 3 days. Be glad yours only lasts for 2 days 😊
    But if you are still concerned anyway, then talk to your doctor.

• Its different from person to person, personally i have it for 5 days.. other have it for 3 and some, like you mentioned, for a week.. its not unusual.. no one is excat the same

• No it's fine. My one friend only has it for three days but has a heavy flow. As log. As you get out what you need to get out you're good. If it still bothers you ask your doctor at your next checkup.

• My period doesn't last a week, usually about three days. It's heavy too. You sound normal to me.

• Mine only lasts for like 2 days

• doesn't sound abnormal

• it's normal i think, mine lasts 2-3 days, it's not heavy but I get "HELL cramps" on the first day

• It usually last about 3 days, sometimes up to a week. But 2 days is nothing to worry about, it's all normal.

• Its normal. My period lasts for 3 days only lol

• Your under 18 so it's normal to have irregular periods. Nothing serious.

• Mine lasts for three days

• You should get checked out. 2 days is way too short

Are you on birth control btw?

• Well i see you are very young. Periods before 20y. o. are quite often anovulatory and this may cause abnormal bleeding patterns. A normal cycle should be btween 21-35 days with period lasting 2-8 days ( mean of 5 days). As for bleeding anything over 80ml is considered abnormal. i understand you have no pain during your period? How is your cycle? When did your period start?
    P. S. I am a 5th year med student

• I am 15 years old and I started having them when I was 14 in January of last year. The cycle was maybe every month and a half until the summer of last year. Then they came around regularly but they only last 2 to 3 days (but usually 2) and it has always been like that. I'm not sure if its normal but they usually come about a week earlier than a whole month. Like if I had one the first it might come back the 15th or something like that but it always surprises me. I have no cramps but it is constantly flowing and I can go through a whole pack of pads in a day.

• So your cycle is not regular still (from 1st to 15th it's only 14days), no pain and abnormal bleedings all signs of anovulatory cycles. The duration of 2-3 days isn't abnormal. What worries me is the quantity which could be normal in these early menstrual cycles but could cause anemia in the long run. If this bleeding is bothering to you and you feel you can't compensate you better go to your obgyn. He will either reassure you or prescribe oral contraceptive pill to control the bleeding ( if severe) and regulate your cycle. Other investigations may be needed like blood work to check for any signs of anemia. In my opinion all this is normal and it will start fading towards 18-20. Till then the pill is an option.. But i can't see you or examine you and some things get lost in translation.. So my advice go see your doctor ( not for the duration so much as for the severity of bleeding).

• It is normal. Mine lasts for 3 days. It has always been this way.

• sometimes mine only lasts for two days. i think its normal. i have mine now since yesterday and its already slowing down.

• 2 days is normal.