Guys, what's your definition of the girl next door?

So what is a guys definition of the girl next door?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• she lives in the house that is placed beside our house... .

What Guys Said 18

• The generally-accepted definition would be a girl who has a good amount natural beauty, but isn't overly "made-up" with makeup or dressed up. She wears casual clothes and has a casual style and isn't out to impress anyone or intentionally look sexy.

This would be contrasted with a girl who lives (or tries to live) a more glamorous, party-girl, fashion-oriented lifestyle and has that "Barbie" overly-made-up or overly-sexual look.

If you're familiar with the show The Big Bang Theory, Penny is an excellent example of "the girl next door" (and is literally that too). She is often in comfortable clothes (jeans, shorts, T-shirts, etc.) and her hair is not overly styled or fancy. Yes, she occasionally dresses up for special occasions, but her normal look is a "girl next door."

• An overly sexualized fantasy girl next door who is young and "pure" but secretly wants to be "corrupted" by the next door neighbour who is a old pervert... of course. American beauty (the movie) pretty much encapsulates it all. It is not supposed to be a pretty movie, by the way.

• My interpretation is that it's less of a look she has than an impression I have about her. A girl-next-door type of girl would be somebody whom I had never previously thought of in terms of relationships, but who started to become more attractive over time.

• A best friend

• friendly, not "slick" or worldly, the kind of girl your mom wants you to meet. Like this

images2.fanpop.com/.../...lla-13881209-500-756.jpg

• she wears socks

• The girl that lives in the house most adjacent to my own.

• Cute and sexy... petite and sweet!

• Maggie Gyllenhaal is a pretty good example.

• I don't know my neighbors well enough lol

• Just the girl next door, nothing special as my neighbor is a brat whose a girl, and I don't have really any female neighbors my around my age

• Both a 2004 and 2007 movie.

• Nice and pretty Innocent looking girl with a warm cute smile.

• The girl in the neighbourhood
    in the same street

• just the random girl who has some cute things n some flaws not very amazing or horrible

• Reminds of elisha cuthbert... I wish i could have a girl like her in my life

• A female homosapien who happens to reside in a structure called a house situated either parallel or adjacent to the structure I reside in.

• http://oi57.tinypic.com/33msnbc.jpg Every guy may have his specific girl-next-door prototype, but in general, she's the girl whom you always admired from afar and were afraid to approach, fearing that any erotic projection toward her would ruin her image as a decent, pure and almost virginal womanly ideal.

She's (in your mind at least) untrodden ground; unspoiled by other men and so sweet-natured it almost frightens you to think of her in explicit sexual situations. Almost. Here's another example: Picture your sister's best friend from when you were kids. In your mind she'll always be that 10-year-old cutie who played with you in the park. Only, when you catch up with her 10 years later, she's still a cutie, but all grown up and someone you can trust and connect with on so many new levels. The intrigue grows.

Similarly, she could be a friend's cousin whom you met at family occasions over the years. Or even a new employee at work who is shy and unassuming, but still gives you that "she seems so nice, I'd love to talk to her" feeling.