Can coffee with cream and regular sugar make you gain weight?

Can coffee with cream and regular sugar make you gain weight? Like if you drink 1-2 small mugs of it every morning? I usually use Splenda but sugar is provided at work.
Please, no rude comments.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if you are using half a pound of sugar yes. For the most part it shouldn't be enough to cause any substantial weight gain.

• Thanks. I've been drinking a lot more coffee then I usually do so just wondered?

• I think caffeine can contribute to cortisol production in the body which can cause weight gain.

What Guys Said 4

• a little bit... yeah

• Caffeine alone can make you gain weight because it alters your metabolism. Initially it helps but then you get a backlash and go the other way.

• Never thought about that. Thanks

• Yes and soda with caffeine and sugar is the worst. Coke or Mountain Dew, for example. Did you know that a 12 oz. soda has 10 teaspoons of sugar? I can eat anything that's healthy and never gain weight. Once when I took this grueling job, I got into a kick of drinking Coca-Cola. I gained 5 lbs. in 3 weeks! That was the end of that. My weight normalized again in about 10 days.

• Yeah, I usually drink diet coke and water with flavoring. I normally drink coffee and have been fine but lately it's been with regular sugar which I've stopped. I've already lost 2 lbs.

• Yes, the cream is going to make you fat and the sugar is going to give you diabetes.

• Even if it's powdered cream?

• Yep, that stuff if bad for you.

What Girls Said 4

• If its a lot of sugar it might affect your weight but I don't think it creates a significant impact on your body unless you are very sensitive to unhealthy food. If you drink a coke or a chocolate chiller from tim hortons that is probably 40 - 60 times more sugar than some sugar people put in their daily coffee.

• Great. Thanks for your help!😊

• It's extra calories but I doubt you're consuming so many extra calories that you'd gain weight. Why not bring in your own sweetner or switch to plain tea?

• Thats a great idea! Thanks😊

• Nah, that's not enough to make any significant change in your weight.

• i doubt it.