What do you guys think about this whole Petco mess?

I read an article earlier today telling a story about this woman who took her Golden Retriever to Petco for a grooming where he ended up dying. Apparently he was placed in some cage which helps them dry quicker and he died while in there because it was too hot. The article said it was around 110 degrees in the cage when they finally took him out. Has anyone else heard about this or is it bogus? Also what are your opinions on the whole thing?

Here's one link, there are a few online abc7.com/.../

Most Helpful Guy

• This is news to me, but we groom our dogs ourselves so this isn't an issue for us.

What Guys Said 6

• I blame it on the handler more than the company itself. there's a PetCo 15 minutes way from my house and my uncle brings his dogs to them for grooming. Never had a problem.

• Very sad. I never want to get groomed at Petco now 😔

• hu... any video bout it?

• I don't know i want first

• Here's the story:

abc7.com/.../

I still don't know what exactly happened, but the story says that the Assistant Manager was at the hospital crying for the dog and so I seriously doubt it was intentional neglect/abuse of the dog. I know the systems Petco uses for grooming, and I am puzzled about how the temperature could've been that high. I'd guess some sort of equipment malfunction?

• I'd have put their ass in that cage and left them if that were true.

What Girls Said 2