When you think of Bulgaria, what first comes to mind?

Bulgaria!

Most Helpful Guy

• Last time I was there was 1997.

Cockroaches, disgusting yogurt, bad toilets, delicious mozzarella "steaks" better than any cheese stick I've ever had stateside, VHS tapes in PAL tracking (looks weird), cobblestone streets, construction, tap water you're scared to drink as if it were Mexican water, signs I can't read, beggar kids, homeless kids taking a dump in the bushes, stray dogs everywhere, Russian Ladas, and scary homeless men begging to eat your hash browns when you're too full to finish them. Food is pretty well-priced by American standards. Lots of open road and open-road shops selling souvenirs. The Rila Monastery. I was a child then. I'd probably enjoy it more as an adult, able to go places on my own. I primarily visited Sofia and Plovdiv. There was one hotel that I stayed at one night that didn't have hot water. That was a weird feeling. Also, nobody ever chilled their cola. Somehow, they think cold Coke will give you a cold. And it was always Coke, never Pepsi.

What Girls Said 5

• Viktor Krum! ;P

• The cheese lol

• Food. I think I'm thinking of bulgar wheat and... yeah, I'm probably stupid XD

• One of the sweetest professors I've ever had is from there :)

• my friend that lives there!

What Guys Said 9

• Hristo Stoickov (famous footballer) , Irina a barmaid in my local bar a few years back, a black sea holiday resort that my workmate went to but I can"t remember name off...

• 0|1
  • sugary cake

• That the Bulgarian secret police were so good at committing murder that even the KGB used them as assassins.

• I have friends from Bulgaria

• an old friend

• Folk dancing in traditional costume...

• Gypsies lol

• Pick pockets.