Did you know about that?

According to the sixth edition of The Columbia Encyclopedia (2000), Muhammad is probably the most common given name [in the world], including variations. It is estimated that more than 150 million men and boys in the world bear the name Muhammad.
Muhammad was the most common baby boy name in England and Wales in 2009, 2011 and 2012 and the second most popular in 2007 and 2010, combining 14 spelling variations.

In 2009 Mohamed, the most common spelling variant, was ranked 430th in the US. According to the Social Security Administration, Mohammad was ranked 589th, Mohammed 633rd, and Muhammad the 639th most popular first name for newborns in 2006. In the 1990 United States census, the Muhammad variant of the spelling was ranked 4,194 out of 88,799 for people of all ages.

0|0
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• i didn't know that but I'm not surprised

0|0
    0|0
    • iam curious about why you are not surprised :)

• It's a very large religion and the most popular and most used name in that religion. now while Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism all have large numbers of followers none of those religions have a name so synonymous and popular within the religion. So I'm not so surprised that the name Mohamed or variations on it would be the most "popular" or most used name in the world

• :) thats informative thank you

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1