Anyone else feeling sorry or embarrassed for Caitlyn Jenner?

Hope nobody takes this the wrong way I'm not tryingtto be an ass here. Ok seriously, anyone else feel kind of embarrassed for Caitlyn? I understand a man wanting to be a female but to transform yourself into something that doesn't look 100% female seems odd. If we had the technology to change a man into a legit female I'd be ok with that. Transgenders to be I think live in a delusion.

There is nothing wrong with them wanting to be female, it's the flawed transformation that bothers me. They truly aren't 100% female and never experienced the chemical reactions and mental side of being a true female.

Reading stories on this form you can clearing see that women think differently, handle things differently, have different body language and speak different in wording. Transgender women can never truly understand just what it is to be female without having a true female functioning body.

Again I have NOTHING against people that wish to become another gender. It's the flawed idea that modding your body makes you another gender I have a problem with. I do wish we had the advance tech that could transform them down on a cell level, transform their bone and brain, but we don't. Maybe transgender people can try to be happy staying the gender they already are. Just accept that life isn't fair and be happy with your given gender.

• I agree
  • Don't agree with you dude.
  • I have mixed feelings

Most Helpful Guy

• Too many people making a big fucking deal about how someone ELSE identifies themselves.

Caitlyn Jenner is now living her (formerly a his) life, in the identity she wants. Can u imagine how much it sucks to masquerade as something that you were not, for over half a century, because of the widespread social persecution you would have suffered?

As long as she (formerly a he) is happy, isn't that what matters?

----

I see where you're coming from, but science will turn in that direction to make the transgender transformation, more complete on a cellular level.

What Girls Said 12

• I think for those who transistion, it isn't about being 100%, but more looking the part and having the appropriate genitals. If I as a woman wake up every day and see a penis, I am going to think myself less a woman. But if I have it removed and made to look like female genitalia I would feel better and more "myself" As a woman who goes through those mental states and other bodily functions, I would be happy to not have to deal with it. So kudos to her for being quite attractive and not having hot flashes. :-)

• I understand both sides of it.

I think at the moment, most surgeries aren't amazingly performed. But anything that's new is never perfect. I'm sure the recipe for bread was perfected over decades. It's the same with surgery. All surgeries have got better over time, and more complex ones have been introduced. Transgender is a very complex procedure and it does require some TLC before and after.

How to deal with transgender is not widely spoken about. I think it's one of those things that is more talked about but so sensitive most people just look at the ground until it's gone away. Not being of the mindset myself, I also cannot fully understand what it is like.

If transgender is going to be accepted I think we should stop pussyfooting around it and give people advice on how to deal with it, going through the change or not, and do it. We can't say "yeah it's okay" and then not set any guidelines in place. You know?

• I understand your concern. But I do not think she was truly searching a 100% transformation. She just wanted to be a she. Harmones and biological facts do not change the truth. She has been feeling as a girl for a long time. I think feelings count the most.

• Well than that's your problem.. deal with it. I support all transgenders, whether they choose to transition or choose to stay in their biological bodies. Just because you don't think they look like 'real' women (flawed as you say) doesn't mean that they feel the same way or other people feel the same way as you do.

You lack understanding of what transgenders deal with. They have always identified themselves (gender identity) as female. That's the gender they are! Biological sex does not equal gender identity.

I have a few very close trans women as friends. They think exactly like other women. They think more like the average woman than I do LOL! Don't forget the amount of female hormones they take and how their brain changes because of this. Not only just their body and face.

• I honestly don't care. It's their life, their choice. I just hope he'd happy with her choices and its consequences.

• Firstly I believe a lot of people already think like the opposite sex and that is why they feel so incongruous. The physical side, well what about women who are born sterile? Are they not women because they aren't in possession of the right parts to make babies?

• Infact I do, s/he has to keep taking pills for the rest of her life to look 'feminine' and receive anonymous hate from internet for being the way s/he is now.

• No I don't feel bad for people who do things like that to themselves. God makes no mistakes, they way you were born is they way you are supposed to be. No matter what the DNA is still the same but they look different so they aren't really a different gender. I respect others opinions but I think that it's wrong to do stuff likes this because it's not good for the mind or the body.

• I don't care about Caitlyn Jenner. Because what she does is her business.😕

• mental side of being a true female? I think he's been thinking female all this time.

• Gender identity can be separate from your physical genitals.

• bruce jenner is a moron

What Guys Said 15

• A man is a man and a woman is a woman, as of this writing no procedure exists to change one to the other completely.

The differences between males and females go far beyond the outward physical appearance as you said, no amount of therapy or drugs can change this hard-wiring.

In the case of Bruce Jenner, he appears to be suffering from a severe mental illness, one not overly different than those people who want to be amputees and go so far as to find doctors to actually amputate a limb. Something is wrong with them and it isn't normal.

That said, just because something isn't normal doesn't mean action needs to be taken in response to it. I've seen a cat chase a dog which isn't normal, but I never felt a need to "do something" about it, this thing with Bruce Jenner is the same thing.

• I feel sorry for the scrutiny and hate he will deal with but I'm not embarrassed for him or feel bad for him as a human being at all. I'm happy he's living the life that makes him happiest and most complete as a person

• Jenner is a show business person thus I consulted my personal database on Jenner and it got in a loop:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2qi3afr.jpg

• I have nothing against h... that person but it's kind of their own fault. I mean, what kind of responses did they expect?

• just don't care wot she's doin wid her personal life...

• I think transgender people must have considered these things themselves, and decided they wanted to go ahead with whatever changes they've had made.

Especially someone of his age must have some idea of what they want in life.

• Can't really bring myself to care about it. He/She/It/Taco isn't bothering me.

• Vote D - I don't care, want people to shut up about it.

• I don't feel anything. Just let the lady be. Why feel embarrassed for her when you're not her? It's not like you went through that before, and seeing her just makes you feel embarrassed for her. :-/

• I really don't get why people so give much care.

• I don't give a fuck about Bruce Jenner

• I just don't care.

• someone should set that thing on fire, digusting

• Embarrassed for what? Why do you people care so much about people who don't give a fuck about your opinion?

• I agree with you. A man will always be a man and a woman will always be a woman regardless of what they do with their bodies.