Do you really like this upvote and downvote system?

There are times you get either upvoted for either neutral opinions or for an answer that didn't deserve to get upvoted (ex: someone getting upvotes for saying they would use a belt on a child for discipline... that was only because the asker and the first people who replied agreed with his stance) and other times you get downvote when your answer isn't what the poster wanted to hear even when they clearly asked for an opinion.

• It's consistent
  • No, it sucks
  • It's not consistent but I don't care about it
I got voted by 3 girls for not agreeing with a father threatening to use a belt on his teenaged daughter.

Most Helpful Guy

• I really don't care but i do think they need to make the system with it
    more benefit to GaG users all it does is allow people to vote up or down vote
    but they really don't nothing by it , i think they need to do something so people
    could get X-per and i have already sent in a request to them about this system.

What Guys Said 6

• I can care less actually.

• I have a like/dislike relationship with it. I like how the number of votes can indicate by usefulness of the advice provided or opinion posted by popular demand. But I hate how so many people are swayed by the OP and the first few answers given (like you said). I guess too many people on here are way too impressionable.

• idifferent

• What I dislike is the block system because it is too strong.

• Simple, I don't care

• It doesn't bother me

What Girls Said 3

• I like the system.
    But I feel it is often mis-used like a lot of features on this site (or any site for that matter).

• Most of the time it shows a general consensus. I think it's fine. Sometimes you get rebel voters but who cares? :)

• I don't really care.