Which gender is usually more funny?

Are men or women more funny in general? Or do you think it's the same?

• Men are funnier
  • Women are funnier
  • Exactly the same

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely men. I'm sorry but I know very, very few funny women. I think if men wouldn't exist, this world would be a very grey place of seriousness and depression. The thing is, I don't think it's just the social pressure, I think humor just comes more naturally to guys. I notice this with myself. Especially in the last few years I've started making tons of jokes of the sort that I call "old-men-jokes" (the type of jokes a lot dads make). They're not always the smartest, most outstanding jokes (stupid word-place etc.) but because they are kind of stupid sometimes, they can be very funny. Also, guys just don't take themselves so seriously. When I make a stupid joke, I know it's a stupid joke and I treat with a healthy amount of self-irony. I don't get offended when my girlfriend just roles her eyes and makes a funny face because I know for a fact that deep inside, she still likes me making those jokes :-). Men are often called childish by women but in terms of humor, this can be a great advantage. I love being silly and childish sometimes. Many girls (especially if they're above 25) on the other hand try to be extra grown-up and extra mature. Unfortunately, this leads to them being very serious and un-funny.

What Girls Said 10

• I want to say "exactly the same" because
    from my outlook gender doesn't automatically make you funnier.
    It is the individual themselves that is responsible for that.

But I have to take into account of all of the male comedians there are and the lack of females.
    I wonder... why so?

• I love men because they are funnier. Few girls can be as funny as them. I don't know, they are not afraid of looking dumb, they just do whatever they want. Girls usually try to be sweet and formal to look more attractive.

• Men, with a few women who are exceptions.

Namely myself and @miserybusiness

• Men.

Women are scrutinized more if they try to be funny, so there aren't many who try.

• I think men have a slight edge on this because they tend to not be as serious as women.

• I agree, women have the potential but worry too much about how people think

• You don't really see as many funny women compared to how many men you see that are funny a lot. I think that might have to do with the fact that men are more laid back than most women are.

• I think there are more funny guys than girls who are funny

• Depends on the person.

• This almost seems like a double standard. Girl and guy can do or say the exact same thing in a same way in a same group, and usually the guy gets more credit for being funny.
    Why? I guess men are often thought to be more funny and since women generally like a guy that can make them laugh, guys try harder to be funny.
    More often guys just want a giggling armcandy that laughs at their jokes. It is not often you hear guy say: " I want a woman that is funny". Guys don't value that as much.

• men usually, women have a 2 to 1 factor of depression.
    www.mentalhealth.org.uk/.../

• Robin Williams had depression and was still funny

• thats a good point, none the less I've met more funny and happy men, women are generally more focused on looks and relations than making humorous jokes.

• You have a good point, that's unfortunate.

What Guys Said 11

• For me it's bias because i feel guys get each others jokes just like girls get each others jokes.

but.. also i think because guys aren't as sensitive, guys get to joke more often by testing boundaries.

• I think men are usually funnier.

This is probably down to women's love of guys with a sense of humour (so guys in school learn to make women laugh to get attention) and the fact that guys are normally expected to be more forward and outspoken so a sense of humour makes that easier too.

• met some gals who r funny as fuck :D

• Generally Guys since I don't think we get offended as easily also, as another user suggested guys have more pressure to try and be funny to impress and attract a girl.

• I think women are funnier. I've always had more lady friends than guy friends. Guys just do dumb shit like drink and play video games. You can see how evident that is by all the basement dwellers on this site. Girls go out and have fun, do things outside, etc.

• Men are funnier, because socially all-time we have been less inhibited.

Plus in terms of career aspirations and attracting women, we have to develop this humorous wit to woo people.

• Men love to play jokes for girls and girls love to laugh because they are so cute when they laugh😊

• I think guys can have a laugh about themselves and joke about what thet do more than women... or maybe that's just me xD

• We got humour bt you girls got intution see everyone has their weeknesses and strength

• females are only funny when their getting bullied...

• I think men in general. Not that women can't be, of course. But men have to cultivate a good sense of humor as part of the deal in attracting a woman.