What do you think about reformed villains?

Every single movie (esp Disney cartoon movies) mainly consist of heros and villains. However, not many reformed villains.

Do you think they actually mean it when they suddenly switched sides with the good guys and learned their lessons for good? Or would they still trade their now friends for money or things if it meant looking out for themselves or blaming other and thus betraying them again?

I would still be leery if I were one of the good guys. Here you have: this person that wanted to clearly destroyed you or plot evil things towards you and others you care about... then suddenly after a turn of events they are now on your side and even your good friend, fighting for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone can change!

What Guys Said 7

• Anyone who has ever seen Dragon Ball Z knows that reformed villains fucking rock.

• Watch and read starwars its full of reformed villains. Darth malak, darth revan, darth vader, boba fett to name a few.

• mercenaries could count as such guys

they'd switch sides and side wid good guys just coz of money

• Enemies in the morning, friends in the afternoon. I wouldn't trust them 100% though.

• In a lot of japanese mangas the villains reform themselves. They don't necessarily become good guys but they at least cease to be bad guys. I found that style pleasant and interesting.

• Yes, those are stories of redemption. Ever heard of the Darth Vader storyline?

• Never really thought about it... irredeemably evil fuckers are far more interesting...

What Girls Said 3

• villains aren't inherently evil

• In general I love them; characters that transition from serious villain to weird family member are excellent :D. It also implies they're amoral rather than outright evil; like on a character allignment scale they'd be chaotic neutral or true neutral. (I'm either chaotic neutral or neutral good; fun fact..)

• i think its funny lol.