Do you think the GAG community is dying?

I have just noticed that @GalaxyHotChoc has now deactivated. :(

Also many of the other most active contributers of the GAG community have suddenly been deactivating in the past month:

@kheserthorpe

@sammy_31

@smokahontas

@misscoffeehead

@your_boss760

@harakiri

@watashiwahanadesu

@mistninja314

@chick180

Do you think you will leave soon if you feel you part of the GAG community? What do you think about all this? It's strange that so many people have suddenly deactivated, like as if when one GAG user deactivates then others will follow this like a trend.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because questions are dead as soon as they are posted. "Commented on" events cannot be filtered for, and they are not shown on the feed whatsoever. Therefore, the community is dying because there aren't enough opinion comments (which makes sense as they don't give much XPER).

There aren't really debates nowadays. I haven't seen much. Do you remember the times when someone asked, "would you circumcise your baby boy" and they got 60 answers from each sex? Yeah, I miss those times. The site is just not as lively.

• I'll miss @kheserthorpe he gave some really important advice.

• we did the debates. but you know they are pointless on here. and you can't take the attacks of some people who can't argue. eventually you will stop arguing to avoid their negativity.

• @dudegrt09 the real problem is that opinion comments are not rewarded in any way.
      @Klara-Hitler I don't really care about negativity to be honest (well I do if it is against the guidelines, of course :p), I'm far too certain of my viewpoints (sometimes even when I'm wrong, though) to feel bad about myself just because someone can't form an opinion and just make harassments instead.
      @Klaatu51 nah, that's unlikely. But the popularity of "popular" questions have waned too much.

What Girls Said 20

• I feel like it is. Not because of the people who are gone or taking a break - but because of the lack of serious and interesting questions on here...

• I've seen many come over the years that I have been here.
    Those are just other names to me.
    Although some of them were following me , we never really spoke. So them leaving doesn't impact me.
    There will be a day when I leave
    Though I am not sure when.

• I just Now answered a similar question on here, dear, and No... I am not going anywhere right now nor do I plan on it anyway.
    However, I must admit GAG has changed a lot for some reason and a lot of the regulars are gone and things in general just don't seem to be the same anymore.
    As far as @GalaxyHotChoc goes, I have heard through the grapevines she may be back because she misses GAG. xx

• It's not dying. Just like every other Internet forum, the site has constant member turnover. It happens daily with newer members who you don't even know. Some people quit after a day, some quit after a few years. All for various reasons. Some of them may have been banned too, who knows.

• www.quickmeme.com/.../...24881d745fc4d48061cd0.jpg

@MrScTi left too. illuminati is doing a serious attack.

• It's growing, if anything! I think most of those people deactivated because of life demands, not necessarily because of an issue with the site. It's normal for people to come and go on community websites like this.

• Yes, I'd say so the people you've named have gone plus more. Of course there's new people that are joining but along with the good ones comes ignorent ones and trolls.

It may not necessarily be dying but these people are killing it.

• I remember you from a year ago it's cool you're still here

• I was yanggwang in my previous account

• Oh okay I just must've seen you around on here

• I've been here for two years and seen many come and go, I didn't realize that many known usernames deactivated though. Shows how much I am on here now. I am not on as much as I used to be, I pretty much only come on to do my Mod duties and contribute to questions when I can.

• Yes. The quality of questions, answers and intelligence is decreasing.

I will leave but I'm not sure when. It's a shame, I've been here a while.

• And I'm still here, too valuable of a member to leave

• i've been a member here for two years. people come and go. that doesn't mean the community is dying. just that the character is changing.

there are far less interesting and articulate questions and answers now than there were before. but i think that's because the GaG demographic now is younger, not because "big names" have left.

• I'm only here as of now as 50% of a communication platform.

If it weren't for that, I'd definitely be less active.

• Yep. It's definitely dying. I don't think I'll stick around too long. Haven't decided yet.

• I had no idea Chick180 was gone... same with GalaxyHotChoc. And the others were cool too. :( Awww... But don't give up... It won't die. There's still many great people here. I'm sure it won't die...

• I plan on leaving soon. I'm kinda losing interest in GaG.

• huh... but u r not even for a full year around here :(

• I won't deactivate my account just in case I want to come back. But, I'm thinking about leaving. @Klaatu51

• I don't know, to be honest.

• You must spend a LOT of time here to know all that. I blocked the fourth to last person so I do not care. Also I did not like smoka cause she condoned a racist comment somebody put on this site.

• Most of these users all deleted in one month. Oh, what was the comment and what question?

• Some people do deactivate accounts, but return with a new one because they miss gag and regret leaving

• There are definitely less opinions on questions these days.

What Guys Said 31

• It's okay Anon.

I'm still here.

• i'll stay here no matter wot...

• It's all ebb and flow. Some people have moved on and may return one day. As long as actual discussions keep going the community here will not die any time soon.

• In all websites people come and go, but that doesn't mean that the community is dying. But that's my opinion. I would just want a good bye question from those who decide to delete their account.

• @kheserthorpe

come back! You were one of the few smart people here. The collective IQ of the gag community has dropped 127 points with your absence :(

• I've been on this site for around 3 years. I've see many popular and well-experienced users either leave or just never log on again. It's sad but it's something you learn to live with. I'll be here for a long time but then again I don't have to deal with as much BS as some of the others did. I just don't use this site as often because I'm busy.

• I am wondering the same thing. I felt sad when @misscoffeehead deactivated her account she was so awesome. I have had thoughts about deactivating mine because of the fact this site is so darn sexist.

• I have thought about it. A lot of the profiles are empty. Too many of the posts are anonymous. Makes it difficult to connect with people emotionally.

I get tired of the inane, ignorant posts, ie, "Would you rather have a girl who is crippled or retarded?" Really? Nothing better to do?

If I see one more “Rate me” I think I will hang myself in the basement. What is it with the “Looks Olympics?”

But then I see really important questions from people who need help and I can’t resist. What’s a fellow to do?

• What, you're saying this joint was alive at some point?

• @kheserthorpe if he's gone then GaG has officially died.

• I remember kheserthorpe from my earlier accounts so he's been here awhile. As for myself I see myself staying on GaG for a long time but maybe not as active as before.

• she's lesbian... not a trans

• @Klaatu51 I know she's les but I felt like I read somewhere she's a trans as well. Anyway too late to confirm but she left shortly after that MyTake so that's my hypothesis at least.

• Yeah, that makes you wonder if there isn't a GaG Pack
    where all the people are deleting their accounts and more
    people may be leaving.. You can't change your username here
    i see less online anymore , now you need more X-per to get a
    Amazon gift card and , you need 7000 to get $20.00 card
    i see more people leaving and i can't believe some of those
    you mentioned are now gone i wonder where they went.

• Meh; GaG has seen an influx of people leaving.
    However it doesn't bother me.
    it's their choice.

And if they were good friends or what have you; other forms of contact would have been established.

• Apparently only the 'famous' people on this site are important. everyone seems to hog them. why would i stay, if i know I'm not important?

• Nah, I don't.

I started using the site regularly about 15 months ago, and these questions have been par for the course since I joined.

It's just the GaG life cycle.

• Darn, I was wondering what happened to kheserthorpe. He was a cool dude.

yeah... this is pretty upsetting...

• man please don't leave as well... seems like u r ready 2 go :(

• @Klaatu51 once long ago I got close to gager and that gager left so I felt I shouldn't form anymore bonds with other users. After a while another user opened me up and I formed many bonds and now most of those I've bonded with have left.

• Not dying, just users who were well known have left.

I don't care though, I can't miss people I don't know personally.

• mist and watashi are still lurking around

• That list yo! :O
    Their dropping like flies man.. I don't know about dying but maybe a depression

• g@g rewards and the g@g questions quality have gone down so no reason for people to stay on

• 0|0
  • It's possible and sad.

• Don't worry guys, I'm still here! So we're still good.

• Someone will replace them. There are new people who enter this site everyday so I think it's all good. Though I do miss some of them like mistninja, harakiri, your_boss and chick180.

• I go through stages of leaving then coming back. Not that anyone cares.

• “Goodbyes, they often come in waves.”

• I didn't realize how much I like chick180 till she left.

• http://oi57.tinypic.com/33msnbc.jpg Yeah, get a life kid.

• i'll miss chick180's meaty thighs ;(

• I don't care if they want to leave, leave then... I'll stay here and help other people.

• It is surely dying. Now they increased xpers for the Amazon card, which will make many others leave too.

• More from Guys
    1