Do you spend time on GAG hoping you have or get some personal messages, or does it really make no difference to you being on here?

just wondered, must be much harder for guys to get PM's than girls... and most users are under 30..

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't hold my breath for PMs - I do 99.5 % of my interaction on GaG through Q & As - I would say my age rather than gender is the reason for little activity on messages, do I want it though ( I am not sure ) - You and me grew in same era often went a week without talking to some friends before mobiles and internet.

• absolutely, sounds like we work to the same rules on PM's due to fact we are older..

What Girls Said 8

• I'm not really here for the private messages. It's nice to chat with people one on one, but I only allow messages from people I follow just because of the amount of creepy guys and girls who have sent weird shit in the past.

Girls here seem to get messaged more than guys, but it's usually because of the large number of guys who want to sext, send dick pics, or ask for nudes.

• Basically, if I follow you then I'm open to you initiating a private chat.

• No and never have. I set it to "allow messages from people I follow only" because of the weirdos on here lol

• Well I did in the past when I first joined GAG, but now I get so many it takes me forever to even respond to people.

On the other hand I do like and hope to get replies from people on opinions I left.

• i don't even bother opening my messages because they're either really creepy or the same people over and over writing me the same thing -_-

• blimey, they must be really bored or sad to do that.. write the same thing

• I have a really close friend on GAG and we message daily. Otherwise, I would be indifferent about even using the website.

• Makes no difference to me.

• i dont like pms.

• On contrary, it's the exact opposite. That's one of the reasons why I use the anonymous feature quite often...

What Guys Said 12

• Nope. I mostly come on here to try and help others. I wish I had more time to respond to everything because there are some fun topics and grants I'd like to get involved in :)

• I get quite a few messages on here. I find it hard to keep up with them sometimes. I can only imagine how many messages the girls on this site get.

• Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    If I talk to someone in PMs, of course it's nice to come on and see a message or 2 waiting

• i get many messages tbh

• I don't allow people to message me that I don't follow, and I follow no one and reject everyone that tries to follow me. So no...

• More often than not I spend an hour on here after I answer a question begging for responses either finding my shite jokes funny or finding my words inspiring. It's a tad bit pathetic.

• I get some pretty random msgs here and there. :S But I'm only on this site to read opinions or answer questions. Aha xD

• I don't get that many, those I do talk to are kewl :)

• good, personally i never message anyone because i do not think it is right due to my age unless they message me first.. that's my stance right or wrong

• well i always see it from the other side, would a 20 year old want an out of the blue message from someone old enough to be dad.. no in most cases.. so I don't.

• That makes perfect sense, so I understand your reason.

• well i like receiving messages, though i dont get them often unless i message people first

• I never get PM'd on here unless I initiate, and hardly even then.
    So no, I'm not holding my breath.

• Ya i do that sometimes

• Well this isn't a dating site.

• some think it is though... which is why i wondered how many would get disheartened quickly

• If they mistake a puddle for a lake and place a canoe in it... they will be disappointed in about a day or so.