Anyone else considering leaving gag due to the change?

I already know the rewards are earned and don't need to get given to anyone but I have been on this site off and on for 4 years. I remember when questions were 3 points per question and amazon gift cards were 4000 points. Now it's only 1 point per question and the amazon gift cards have jumped from 5000 to 7000! It's nice to get rewarded for helping others and joking around but it's just more time and effort. I'm considering leaving. Anyone else?

• I am considering leaving
  • I will be staying no matter what

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• I guess it was costing GAG to much in Amazon gift cards. I mean I would rather have the site for free and no Amazon gift card than had to pay to use GAG. I am also considering leaving to but not for this reason, there are some things about GAG that really are just annoying.

• I give 0 fucks about the xper system and the rewards costing more. I'm considering leavign or at least going on hiatus cause most of those I actually talked to have recently left...

• Yeah too many people have left. I can see why. It's literally old members, new people but the same fucking questions. Nothing will ever change on this site except the xper I guess

• Yeah.. I'm having mixed feelings about GaG right now

• 5000 to 7000?

Wow. I... I don't even know what to say to that.
    I don't want to leave, but that's just rubbing it in.
    Are there REALLY that many people redeeming cards?

• Yeah I had no idea why that big of a jump. Possibly losing money so they want it to be harder for us to redeem those points? Not sure

• honestly dude i just don't care if they abolish all prizes... i'll stay no matter wot ;)

• even if they abolish the prizes i'll stay... no matter wot!

• So happy to hear this, @Klaatu51!!!:)) xxoo

• @paris13 yup... i'm plannin 2 be da last man standin :p

• And good, @Klaatu51, with being a Master and the Master of your Domain, you will one day go out with a bang.:)) xxoo

• It's not really supposed to be about the rewards. I don't think they could afford to give away 20$ gift cards all the time.

• I wasn't around for old scoring system so have no comparison.

• When the tariff changed I lost some $20 or 40 on non redeemed points :-p :-(

• I'm staying just to fight off boredom but I want to find some better habits for myself and when that happens I will use this site a lot lot less.

• Amazon cards use to be 2000 points

• You must have been here longer than me

• It doesn't really matter anyway... Once they've given you 2 or 3 they just start banning you after that rather than pay their bills.

• Wow really? I just cashed I'm my 3rd one. I'll be on the lookout

• I'm getting to guru status and then all bets are off!

• I don't know how long I'll be here just celebrated a year May 7, 2014
    but i am not sure..

• the points mean nothing to me

• Wait you can get Amazon gift cards? I'm going on question answering sprees

• This week anytime I will disappear. Xper raise is just like adding fuel to fire in it

• I didn't realise they changed that. Luckily I got my giftcard a few days ago before it changed

• From 2000 to 7000 points.. I guess the more people that join the more they have to raise the price because they can't afford it

What Girls Said 8

• It's funny you should bring up this sore subject here, dear. There are many who are leaving, some who are already gone, some who may return, and some who just need a break.
    For anyone who is not so new to GAG, things have definitely changed here for some unknown reason. However, I have worked hard to get to the level I am honored to be at, and will hang in there, for I am on my lifetime mission, which I was born to do, to help others in need.
    With me, it's not about the gifts, the points, although the points do help in determining my level. But I felt God blessed me a year ago when I found GAG or maybe... Gag found me.
    I am sorry to see you go if you do decide to join the many who are going or have gone. I don't know if you and I Follow one another, but no matter... please stay.
    Good luck. xx

• I'm glad you're staying! I always like your answers. One day you will surpass the 50% Most Helpful answer mark!

• hahaha thanks... alhough i cut my hair recently ^_^

• lol... Really, @Klaatu1? Well, I am sure you will one day let us give us our own opinion here.:)) xxoo

• I'm considering leaving not because of the changes, but because I've had a long day of looking at myself and the choices I've made since joining GaG.

There are friendships I'm thankful for, and there are people I wish I'd never started talking to in the first place. When I do leave, I'll miss the people I'm thankful for. Not so much the friendships I wish hadn't blossomed. Nothing against the people involved in the regretful friendships, everything against my stupid brain and habit of getting attached.

I started off on this website feeling happy to use it as a distraction from things in my life, especially the things that tend to go wrong, but it's slowly starting to become one of those things. The website itself, and it's ability to make me into a distracted super-procrastinator, as well as some of the users that I've grown too close and dependent on for a day-to-day basis.

• @Hephaestus I will, I will! I'll make it top priority to let you know.

It won't be permanent, I don't plan on deleting my account. I'll just... not login for awhile.

• @Klaatu51 I already took my small semi-hiatus like a week or so back. It wasn't much of one. And it might happen again, soon, because we're moving and such.

• Total disadvantage to the users who aren't very active.

I can feel the pain...

I'll be staying here for a little longer.

• I will probably abandon this account right before reaching Master status!

• hope u r jokin :(

• @klaatu51 How could I ever hate you? : )

• hahaha thanks :D

no i say it, coz i rememeber u hate "explorer" profile pic LOL

• I've left the site periodically but without cancelling my account. I like the site and he community here so I will stick around. I've been here for 6 years and have yet to cash in on an Amazon card though, lol!

• nahhh. GAG owes us nothing. it's nice of them to even give rewards

• Yep. That's what I just said above.

• Without active members G@g would not exist. It would be one of the hundreds of abandoned phantom sites.

• For the same reasons I just said above plus this site hasn't changed. New people, old members, same questions. eventually it's time to go lol

• I'm still staying, I don't care that much about amazon gift cards.

• Yes. I def. am.