Muslims, RAMDAN is coming <3 ?

Alsalum alykom,
well first of all ramdan kareeeem FINALLY the month we are waiting for is coming , and i am excited more than ever, for the family gatherings and the love in ramdan <3 , it is time to feel the poor and be caring and giving, remeber now it is mid sha'aban and ofcourse it is the best time for tauba , and don't forget to pray everyday in ramdan and use every second to read quran and ahadith and get closer to god, and don't forget the GREAT tv islamic tv shows such as ahmad alshugairi tv show (kawater) , enjoyyy :D :D

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll have to excuse my ignorance but what is Ramdan?

• About 30 days or so of fasting (starving) until 9 p. m. They aren't even supposed to drink water even if there's a heat wave.

• @asker the fasting time varies between countries. Like in the USA you break it earlier than in the UK. Here in the UK the fast opens at 9.30pm

• From my understanding, in terms of the practices it calls for, it's basically the Islamic version of Lent, only it follows the lunar calendar instead of solar and tends to be taken more seriously.

What Guys Said 12

• Remember one thing !! It is not a stunt. It is not to impress people. When you ask "why", its only because it is one of the 5 mandatory obligations of Islam. To say all that stuff about poor and all that jazz... sounds most logical but first, its an obligation. It is meant ro purify your soul and to do some soul searching to make yourself a better Muslim by overcoming your shortcomings. If you are fasting and not doing the other obligatory prayers, the fasting is of no use. So NO... it is not a stunt to advertise and impress people.

• yes ofcourse it is not to impress, fasting is a pillar :)

• Ramadan kareem and I've been waiting for it and I going to Egypt during Ramadan so it's cool

• ramdan kareeem , enjoy ittt

• Is it "Ramdan" or "Ramadan". I always hear people saying the latter.
    Anyways, I'm not Muslim as you can see, but I've kind of admire the fact that you can go a whole day without eating or drinking. I had some Muslims friends in my soccer team and they went to train with the team without eating, which is pretty impressive.

• it is ramadan , haahaha it isn't a day , it is just from dawn till sunset, but yes we continue activities normally :D

• thank you :D

• In Arabic, it is pronounced more like Ramadan. In Persian (someone correct me if I'm. wrong) it is Ramzaan. Some people find the hybrid of the 2 :) nevertheless, it is not an English word so say whatever you wish.

• I'm not Muslim but I tried fasting with a friend of mine once a few years ago and only lasted for about like 3 to 4 days. It was a wrap when dad came home one day with boxes of pizza.
    I'm all like "dad, why you do that?"
    p.gr-assets.com/.../703191.jpg

Good luck to y'all though

• hahahaha it isn't so hard we eat at the end of the die

• day*

• Walaikum Salaam and Ramadan Kareem to you too!

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaYVo89mmY

• enjoyy thanks for the video :)

• Wa Alaikum Al-Salam wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu, Ramadan Kareem ❤️ ... Thank you for the advices, I really need them, unfortunately, I haven't prayed or read the Quran for one year :( ... I think I'm going start praying again this week inshallah.

• your welcome :) , it's okay start from now so that you get used to it and the inshaALLAH you will continue praying and reading quran

• Thank you sis, inshallah I will :)

• and?

do you see me posting pointless posts on Festivus?

Where the heck is the damn question.

• i said muslims? i ain't talking to you

• sure whatever you say

• DISMISSED!

• No one cares your religion is not better than anybody elses

• She's just sharing how she feels if u don't have something nice don't saying and she got all the right what if she was talking about Christmas u won't say a thing

• @phoenix98 oh okay thanks for that.

• @@blondfrog mhmm.

• That's cool. I do respect everyone's religion and beliefs so, Ramadan mubarak

• happy ramadan

• WHATS THE BENEFIT OF DOING FASTING?

• you feel the poor, and become more giving once you feel them

• Discussions about the differences in the different religions can go on eternally, but all religions have one thing in common: love your neighbour and treat him as your equal, whatever race or believe he has. I am not a believer, but at least, I try to follow that rule and all people should.

• @Climber that's totally right

• That's why people pick on muslims, I don't give a sh*t about your religion and you don't have to care about my Christianity either. Can't you talk about normal things?

• i didn't talk to you at all

What Girls Said 10

• I have a lot of muslim neighbours and during the Ramadan, I try to avoid eating and drinking openly. Its not fun on a hot summer day or after a day's work to see people eat and have to wait until sunset. And certainly now in June its horrible, because its sunrise around 5:30 and sunset around 22:00, so a long day.

• awww that is so nice of you

• thank you @ArabianPwincess197, sweet of you to care for me too, but I don't mind. Its good neighbourship and when a day lasts 16.5h its a long time to stay without food or drink. And it becomes even worse if you go to scandinavia. Many muslims there take holiday and go south during the Ramadan to get a shorter day.

• That's sweet of you and a little silly of the Muslims. Here in the UK the fasts open at 9.30pm

• Walekum Asalam Wa RahmatAllah Wa Barakatuhu

Ramadan Kareem to you and your family too :)

JazakAllah Khayran for the reminder :)

• walaikum assalam.. dear anon.. i would appreciate if you weren't an anon... i m excited too... it is too hot in my city.. but i m sure Allah helps us get through... i m definitley going to read Quran pak... with translation this year... may Allah bless you and all of the muslims in the world.. :)

• RAMDAN MUBARAK <3 thanks for all the advice given

• ramdannn kareem

• yes i know that Ramadan is coming.. Muslims here are constantly talking about it

• Walaikum Salaam! I am waiting for it 😊 happy Ramadan too ❤😊

• Best time of the year <3

• Ramadan mubarek!! :)

• thank you :D

• Sorry for my silly spelling mistake, lol.
      It's mubarak** not mubarek

• Well I'm a christian and I fast too except in January and for revival