Does anyone else ever need to talk to themselves?

I'm not crazy but I talk to myself sometimes. I'm not a social butterfly, in fact I'm a loner. Sometimes when I'm feeling sad I need to give myself a pep talk, or when I'm really excited I have to calm myself down. Since there's no one else around to do it, I have to do it myself. Just thinking it isn't enough though. I have to hear a voice, or else it's not real enough. Sometimes I have full conversations with myself because I'm sort of my own best friend. Does anyone else ever do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do that too! I'm an aural learner so hearing things aloud helps me keep track of them and absorb them better :)

What Guys Said 5

• I have done this on a few occasions for most of the reasons you've said. In fact, when i am writing a paper, i talk to myself a lot to get ideas flowing from inside my head to outside. I will also pace. I also pep myself up sometimes with it too.

• I do a full cast complete with accents (all done poorly), sound effects, and all kinds of crap!

• hahhaa no... i just think :|

• Yeah, I talk to myself when I'm alone.

• Haha I'm my own best listener 😜

What Girls Said 1

• When you feel lonely pray to God and he will help - it might take time for it to go away but it will.