Would you or have you signed up for Advance Medical Directive?

An Advance Medical Directive (AMD) is a legal document you sign in advance to inform your doctor that you do not want the use of any life-sustaining treatment to be used to prolong your life in the event you become terminally ill and unconscious and where death is imminent.

• I would sign up
  • No I wouldn't
  • I have signed up

Most Helpful Guy

• Apart of me wants them to artificially sustain me as long as possible. I might be able to win a Guiness Record or something. I might go down as Oldest Living Human* with an asterisk (* = non-functioning) or something ridiculous like that.

The other part of me is like good grief, just let them unplug me already. Hahaha.

I think a lot of it depends on what I got and how long I had it. I would have to make it pretty detailed.

What Guys Said 3

• I didn't know of its existence but I would personally want one for myself.

• I would totally sign up, yeah.

Not to sound morbid, but if I became a vegetable or something awful like that, I'd want them to yank the cord straight away.

• I wouldn't, but I can confirm it exists in Belgium too.
    Our first aid trainer confirmed some people wear a hanger telling not to do CPR on them.

What Girls Said 1

• I definitely would sign it. Don't try to keep me here if I'm damn near dead.