Would you or have you signed up for Advance Medical Directive?

An Advance Medical Directive (AMD) is a legal document you sign in advance to inform your doctor that you do not want the use of any life-sustaining treatment to be used to prolong your life in the event you become terminally ill and unconscious and where death is imminent.

Would you or have you signed up for Advance Medical Directive?

• I would sign up
    27% (3)43% (3)33% (6)Vote
  • No I wouldn't
    64% (7)57% (4)61% (11)Vote
  • I have signed up
    9% (1)0% (0)6% (1)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Apart of me wants them to artificially sustain me as long as possible. I might be able to win a Guiness Record or something. I might go down as Oldest Living Human* with an asterisk (* = non-functioning) or something ridiculous like that.

The other part of me is like good grief, just let them unplug me already. Hahaha.

I think a lot of it depends on what I got and how long I had it. I would have to make it pretty detailed.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I didn't know of its existence but I would personally want one for myself.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would totally sign up, yeah.

Not to sound morbid, but if I became a vegetable or something awful like that, I'd want them to yank the cord straight away.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't, but I can confirm it exists in Belgium too.
    Our first aid trainer confirmed some people wear a hanger telling not to do CPR on them.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I definitely would sign it. Don't try to keep me here if I'm damn near dead.

1|0
    0|0