My fellow Christians, what have you done to stay strong for God?

I can't stand people bullying me online and in the real world about the issues of homosexuality and declaring that their is no God and therefore, everyone and everything goes. They call me bigot, they call me ugly and a hater; they silence me when all I've ever done was to polietly disagree with them. I ended up scaring people on GAG with my dramatic wishing, I was with Jesus in heaven. Yes, thiests and LGBT community, you've made me bawl my eyes dry.

If you won't help me, than don't comment!
I'm sorry for being a Drama Queen; I'm emotionally sensitive and have Asperger's.

Most Helpful Guy

• Christians have been persecuted for millennia. When people get angry at me for expressing beliefs based on the Bible, I deflect it by saying, "You're acting angry but you're really scared because you're afraid that I might be right about God."

What Guys Said 12

• Maybe you should take this situation as a lesson from your god to give you a tiny hint of what it is like for all of those other people every single day.

You are an attractive white girl living in a country where the majority of the population identify's as Christian. You are near the very top of the privilege pile, globally speaking. And yet you have been brought to tears by other people's cruelty. Cruelty directed towards your majority views.

So, imagine how the minorities feel. They call you bigot and ugly? What do you think they get called? And they get called that by the majority, not by a small minority. You don't have to worry about being dragged out of a restaurant and beaten because you've read the Bible. You don't have to worry about being told you are a freak of nature because you like boys. You don't have to worry about living in a country where you know you will never be allowed to marry your partner, just because your partner happens to be a man.

People bullying you sucks. Big time. But you get bullied only a fraction compared to what most LGBT people put up with every single day. Learn from this. Christianity started with a bunch of people being persecuted for their beliefs. As it grew into the dominant political power, it turned the tables and began persecuting everybody else. And it sat in that dominant position for a thousand years. Now that it is slipping, you are getting a tiny taste of that persecution again. So use this to get an understanding of what the early Christians went through. Use this to get an understanding of what the LGBT community deals with on a daily basis, and realize how it feels to them to hear that their entire life is not valid.

Don't just say you're a Christian because you've read a couple Bible verses and you go to church. Look at the message Jesus was trying to teach. He was focused on love and acceptance, and on loving your neighbour and your enemy. Turn the other cheek.

A person's quality is not judged in times of plenty. Everybody can be a great person when everything is going their way. How do you act when things go badly? That's the nature of a person. A few people have called you some names. How are you going to react? Are you going to get angry? Are you going to try to hurt back? Or are you going to try to learn and grow and turn the other cheek and see what the lesson was... see how you can become an even better person through this 'hardship'?

• Your comment has been ignored because your bang on lol

• How does your anger cause pain to others? You honestly don't understand how discriminatory beliefs create an environment that causes pain to those being discriminated? Really? You are sitting here telling me I am causing YOU pain, when I am not angry, I have no hatred for you, I have nothing against you as a person, nor do I want you to be unable to believe in your version of religion. Yet you say I cause you pain. I am actively trying NOT to cause you pain, and trying to find a middle ground where we can have a discussion, but you are feeling pain from it. It should be incredibly easy to realize that if someone just talking can cause you pain, that your anger will certainly cause other people pain as well.

• I do not understand how you think people enforcing the laws of the USA is petty sabotage. There are laws in Oregon about serving customers equally. That's the law. The law was broken when people chose not to obey that law, and decided not to serve customers equally. Just like would happen if they refused to serve you because you were a woman. Or if someone was refused service because they were black. Or if someone was refused service because they served in the military. Enforcing the laws that exist is NOT sabotage. You cannot pick and choose what laws to enforce in a civil society. Sure, some religions seem to pick and choose which teachings they follow and which they don't, but in a civil society you cannot do that. If they don't want to face the consequences for breaking the law, they shouldn't break the law. Period.

And I don't know why you are making this an 'us vs them' thing. Why are you angry at "MY" group? I don't have anything to do with them. I'm not in any group.

• if this is about gay people..
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../boba-feet-i-dont-give-a.gif
    they're human too

• the rainbow committee.

• well there are haters in this world. we're only human. just don't let it bother you because their own opinions don't mean shit to you.

• 3|4
  • Well I'm not really Christian, in fact I'm Muslim, but as someone who believes in God I would like to tell you that I saw some of your arguments here with people, actually you are more dramatic and emotional than logical, those people don't believe in God, Jesus or any religious scriptures so basically when you tell them the "bible says this and the bible says that", "I was with Jesus with heaven", "gays will go to hell" ... Etc, they will think that you are dumb to be honest because again those people don't believe in the bible, God, heaven, hell... etc. so you have to discuss with them based on a logic that we all agree with ( believers or atheists).

• And at the end of the day, to each their own, everyone can believe in whatever they want so you don't have to be offended if they didn't agree with you.

• I've spent years trying not to take it personally; but then again it is partly my biology too.

• Mmmm I see

• The god of the Bible?
    ---
    Total number killed by God in the Bible
    - Using biblical numbers only: 2,821,364
    - With estimates: 25 million
    - See more at: dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.be/.../...-bible.html
    ---

Should genocide be the basis of morality, REALLY?

• The number God saved when he died on the Cross in our place: Countless...

• 1. Does that justify genocide?
      2. Is genocide the only way an all powerful god has? Then that god isn't all powerful.
      3. If he has other means but uses genocide he's cruel.

4. Numbers and sources of these numbers, please.

• You need to grow a thick skin. Why does it bother you what people on the internet call you? People have called me all sorts, but I'll never meet them and their opinion makes no difference to anything that goes on in real life to me. They don't silence you unless you let them e. g. calling me a bigot won't stop me from speaking against things I disagree with such as feminism and the LGBT movement.

• Are you a troll seriously? You make questions with thinly veiled criticisms then get upset when people criticize you back.. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. May this be a lesson to you.

• I'm in emotional pain.

• Don't post questions like this if you don't want any negative feedback.

• You're in pain when people don't agree with you and your religion?
      You're welcome but if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen is a sound advice.

• so there was a study that just wrapped up. that concluded the reason male line homosexuality has survived in over 1500 species is because their female lines have much higher fertility rates than average.
    As far as GOD goes. if you live by the laws of your god you should go to heaven. so why does it matter what other people do?

• While I disagree with you , you are entitled to your opinion.

• You're not really helping me.

• Ugly?

LOOOOOL

• I am a former fellow christian. Fell away, I'm an atheist now.

But don't cry :)

• So, you "was with Jesus in heaven"? What's it like up there? Is there a lot of beach front property?

What Girls Said 8

• I've come to learn that the internet is very much not receptive to the Christian faith. I truthfully don't recommend you stay on this website if you allow their hate to affect you this much. If you're gonna be here, you need to be strong.

Atheists tend to think they are smarter than us because we believe in something they can't see or feel. I'll never understand why they feel the need to always "remind" us of their superiority, but just remember their hate is their problem, not yours. They are the ones who are missing out.

When in doubt, remember what Jesus said: "Father forgive them. They don't know what they do."

• Gosh golly, the pain you must endure.
    It must be so hard living in a country whose population is 70 - 85% Christian.

You must be so oppressed. :'(

• I don't believe, but I respect every person who has a believe, whatever religion. If that helps making you happy and easing your life, why shouldn't you be allowed to believe. Its a pity that on this website people are not open to other thoughts even if they are not yours. You can only learn from it.

• I appreciate your respect and acceptance of those who believe. Wish more were like you.

• I'll respect the person. His belief?
      Why should I? Should I respect Isis, Zeus and Odin and Astarte and Uhura Mazda? And Baron Samedi? I don't see why I should. Do YOU respect the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

• @jacquesvol If the person believing in the Flying Speghetti Monster is happy because of this and has a positive look on the world because of this believe, I will certainly be interested in knowing more about it. And there is a difference between respecting a belief and its content and the "creatures" behind it. They are part of the story and its up to you to share it or not.

• What do you want us to do about it, why don't you seek solace and comfort with your god?

• Nothing really. I'm fine gays and lesbians and atheists. Nothing wrong with them. God doesn't hate anyone.

• In terms of staying strong for God, I've stayed away from GaG since it is a cesspool of ungodliness.

• I don't like it when people bully online ether Iv been cyber bullied since 2010 and Iv had people say mean things about me online and bully me for having opinion on homosexuality and for my grammer and spelling and les and bisexual girls used to cyber bully so I know what it's like to be cyber bullied but I would just try and ignore the hate and ignore people who bully

• Some people start preaching and consider any contradiction to be 'bullying'.

• I just don't treat people like shit.