Can people actually make a friends with benefits relationship work?

I have had this guy friend for 2 years and we were thinking of trying a friends with benefits relationship. I find him very attractive and am completely up for it but don't want to ruin our friendship. Is it possible to maintain a friends with benefits relationship without ruining a friendship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, as long as you are clear about your expectations and rules. So, what do you do when one of you starts dating? What do you do if you become pregnant together? (Yeah, you should talk about that.)

I personally think it is valid to want to make someone you love and care about feel good and happy, even if you do not see them as life partner.

And if you realized you were good for each other and wound up together, it wouldn't be the first time it ever happened!

• I'm on birth control and he agreed to also wear a condom for extra protection. Also, if one of us started dating then we would just stop. Lastly, I highly doubt he could ever see me in a romantic way.

• Thanks for the MHO! Even though he may not see you romantically, other men will.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, it's very possible. Maybe you have to set some rules, but the key things are discretion and not catching feelings.

• We set up rules and to be honest I doubt I would catch feelings for him from simple sex.

• yeah... as long as they keep emotions on da side!!

• Why the fuck does this shit never happen to me?

Geese.

• You know what I really like geese. Their honking is kind annoying but they are so gracefully beautiful.

• Good catch lol

• Haha Thank you very much :)

• Yes Sure
    Lol
    But first just go and watch
    Friends with benefit movie
    It will answer ur all questions which are popped in ur mind

• No, not really

What Girls Said 2

• It may work depending on people. Usually people catch feelings at the end.

• It probably depends on the guy but it ruined my friendship when I tried one

• He kinda appears to be a douche but once you get to know him he is the biggest sweetheart and would do anything to make you happy. I wouldn't want to ruin the friendship.