Should I leave GAG if it makes me feel bad about myself?

I know this is pathetic but it makes me feel shit how everyone gets so much attention on here..
All girls are gorgeous..
I like being here but my self-estime suffers from it

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, whole time I am here I noticed that there are more females over 18, so they will look better than you because you are still a teen and still growing up.
    Secondly, I believe that no social network should be taken seriously. By that I mean you should not let social networks get better of you. It's internet, there are shitload of things and if everything was taken seriously there would have already been five World Wars...
    Thirdly, if you feel it's best for you to leave this site, you shouldn't hold off. Your brains, most of the time, know better what's good for you.

What Guys Said 17

• I imagine that if your self esteem suffers from being on this site it suffers in general.

should you leave? if that will truly boost your self esteem then yes. But I think a larger seems to be that your self esteem is based on how other people treat other people. your self esteem is based on subjective superficial issues rather than whats really deep down important.

• So no one is actually being mean to you, but you feel bad because you don't get enough attention?

I guess if you feel that way, you can leave. It's up to you.
    But to be honest, your lack of confidence is making you feel bad, not GaG.

• Don't worry, a lot of filters and editing are being used.

Half of these bitches are ugly as fuck, so don't feel bad bruh

• If GaG makes you feel bad about yourself , then boy oh boy what about the real world?

• All it does for me is make me hate people more. I've lasted 4 years.

• People put a lot of work into their photos online in order to be seen as the best they can. What you need to understand about the pictures they post on here, is that most of them have makeup on, have carefully controlled the lighting when the photo was taken, and have used Photoshop. Most of them aren't going to look anywhere near as good in real life. Most of the women here wouldn't look any better than the average woman you see walking around in your daily life.

• If it really is that bad for you then I can understand leaving. It all depends on what kind of attention you are looking for though. If you need any kind of validation I guarantee there are tons of guys and girls here that will give it to you same goes for advice and well just about anything.

• There are some hotties here. But, you shouldn't leave.

• Its a tough one but I would try not compare myself to others - Just think about how you perceive yourself - The most important thing is to learn to accept and love yourself.

• You shouldn't leave just because @Hidden_P and @LovesTVDx are attractive. :o
    That's not what people are here for I think, normally people are here to gather information.

• Haha I'm not attractive. But to answer the askers question, you shouldn't let a picture upset you, however if you are unhappy and it's upsetting you, think of yourself first. At the end of the day it's a forum website, it's not supposed to torture you

• Lol thanks for the compliment ;) I'm sure you're beautiful though asker :-)

• Well this place isn't a popularity contest. Its so you can ask questions and recieve answers from people who know what you're talking about. Also you can help other people by answering their questions

• Yeahh. Fuck GaG.

• Yep, you should leave.

• http://oi57.tinypic.com/33msnbc.jpg "my self-estime" stay in school kid

• Do you come here to get attention, or to learn from people who know more than yourself?

• All girls are gorgeous? Lmfao. not really.

• Yes you should if you feel that way.

What Girls Said 19

• if you aren't happy with how it makes you feel then you should...
    but you shouldn't feel that way!!!
    not everyone gets a lot of attenion... like me. haha! and not everyone is gorgeous or hot...
    maybe you could make a friend... or just find someone who has things in common with you and that will make you feel better about it.
    dont let this website make you feel crummy!!! ur not!!!

• If it's making you feel bad then I'd say yes. But I don't think you should let it get to you. Yes there are many beautiful girls here, but it's not a beauty pageant. It's a Q&A site. Your advice is what matters. The questions you ask matter. So I think you should stay. Tell your insecurities to quiet down. We're all beautiful in our own way!

• Girl. You need to stop everything that makes you feel bad.
    Ps. many girls are catfishes here. Don't worry 🙅

• Maybe go in gag only once in a while. :) and distract yourself with things that have you feel good about yourself? :)

• If you want to. Don't do things that makes you feel upset about yourself.

• If you really think. it will help your self-esteem, then yes, but it's not this site what's the problem. You should work on your self-esteem in general, because if it happens on this site, it will probably also happen in real life or an other site. It's very hard, also because you're in puberty, but I think it's good if you look at the real problem here.

• People are dynamic. They don't look like that all the time. A lot of people put a lot of effort showing their best face. Plus, the lighting and how you angle yourself can hide a lot of blemishes.

The problem is your self-esteem revolves around something so superficial. Leaving GaG won't fix that unless you do something about it while you're away.

• i m sure you are very pretty.. dont think like this... you just need to b confident of who you are.. and this site is not about how hot girls are..

• Oh someone's jealous here.

• Yeah so? It is natural, I can't stop myself from getting jealous

• Its not natural. You are jealous of a picture.

• Focus on the real world, instead of GAG. Do activities that would make you feel better about yourself. Log in on gag, only to get advice and help others, not for attention. Make friends in real life, that will help you with your self esteem.

• Even in real life there are going to be girls who are gorgeous, and get attention. But, if it makes you feel bad.. Then I'd leave Gag..
    You shouldn't let that make you feel that way though.

• It's not the site who makes you feel bad about yourself, nor are its members, it is you the one who makes yourself feel bad. It's up to you to change and continue here or give up and leave.

• it's just pictures

• The hell? GaG should allow anonymous girls answers only for u lol

• If you feel bad, then leave. Simple as that. It doesn't take much to make you feel like shit.

• Anything that makes you feel bad about yourself, you should leave behind.

• Why do you think like that? I bet you're prettier than all of girls

• You should discard whatever makes you feel bad about yourself.

• You wanna leave GaG cause you're not good at being an attention whore? Damn, that's fucked up.