Do MBA programs include co-ops and internships in their 2 year counts of minimum work experience?

I could look it up, but I would imagine it varies per school, so overall.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do, some don't, but here's a tip. If the MBA program accepts someone with co-ops/internship as part of their minimum work experience prerequisite, then it's not an MBA program that's worth doing.

The hardest part of an MBA is the entrance. Once you're in, all the courses are just common sense. The real value from an MBA is the bonds you make with your classmates and skills you pick up along the way - the language of business, time management, people management, etc. If a program accepts people who are just interns, then why bother doing an MBA just to get to know them?

• I'd do one and a half year of full-time and the rest would be internships

• You're too young for an MBA. I started mine when I was 24, the youngest in my intake, and I think I did mine too early. After 30 is when you'll get the most benefit from it.

What Guys Said 5

• Typically no. Co-ops and internships may be jobs, but you are not given the responsibilities of a full-time employee because you're only there temporarily. Consequently, these jobs to not give you any experience in a leadership role or directing teams of people which is the purpose of the requirement.

Your GMAT scores and transcripts will give the schools an indication of your overall raw intelligence. Your work history and references will provide the school with an indication of your EQ. If you can't hold a long-term job, or if your references highlight your lack of charisma and leadership, you probably won't be accepted into the best schools.

• I've never heard of this for graduate programs (i know there are schools that do the co-ops and almost all have various internship programs during undergrad) but i imagine some do...

• isn't there any related site?

• From what I understand, co-ops count for a year of experience and so does pursuing a Master's degree.

• Some schools do and that's a good way to get experience.

What Girls Said 0