Why dont Christians read the bibe?

As a practicing Catholic I can't understand why other Christians on this can rant about the Bible and try and twist Gods words againt those they hate.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well before the print press the church was pretty much the only place with a bible. After the print press you had the protestant revolution and they took the meaning into their own hands leading to a widely diverse interpretation of the scripture.

Roman Catholicism is nothing if not organized. I've been to mass in many different countries where I don't speak the language but could sleep walk through the process. We still take queue from the Vatican. Other Christian faiths area free for all. Some are organized but many are not. You can also bend the US constitution however you like if precedent allowed.

The better question is how did a country founded on separation between church and state let the two become so intertwined in public policy? This is a problem because the Christian majority is trampling any and all minorities starting with the executive branch during GW and the Supreme Court wants nothing to do with presiding over any cases in this realm.

Catholics read the bible in church and look to the Pope for guidance, if they don't like it they say fuck it. I'll go with you on this but not that. For many others it is just a free for all and can be used as a weapon by anyone with misgivings.

I'm a non-practicing catholic. I think religion has no place in governance or workplace decorum. The Supreme Court will ultimately have to come up with a similar ruling though the Roman Catholic Church is the one making it hard at the moment.

LMFAO though, Pope Francis is down with the gays and Scalia still won't come off his hunches. Roberts was a little better during the hearing but Scalia just want give it up despite certain directive from the Vatican to throw in the towel.

• Im sorry everything you just said Is a revelation as I have trouble following us politics. I had no idea catholic church was still fighting against the division of church and state u think they would have learned from Ireland and spain. Here is a relevant bible quote.5) Christians are not supposed to take their disputes before non-Christian courts or judges. (“If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?” -- 1 Corinthians 6:1 NIV)

• I from the uk I was talking about the absolute power the Catholic church wielded in Ireland and spain and the resentment in those nations for the abuse of power scandals ie paedophilia, magdeline girls homes in Ireland, the children stolen from their mothers at birth who were told their babies had died when really tgey were sold for adoption, this is why church and state must be separate. Also I wouldn't care what American rednecks say as the catholic church is the 1st christian church and rest if you remember your monty python are the bloody spliters.

• ***** sorry 8

What Girls Said 4

• #generalisation124 not sure if you've encountered every Christian here. if u r a Christian, u sure seem kinda judgmental.

• Wow a religious person who sees this issue, I like this.

• I have been wondering the exact same thing. I have read the bible even though I am not religious.

• Sorry but Catholics AND Christians do this... Sorry to burst your bubble. All organized religions are too focused on the wants and needs of the people running them ( ie. The pope , bishops , pastors , etc) instead of doing what's truly in the bible and in Gods will.

• U realise catholics are christians right?

• Yes, I realize Catholics are Christians. I was referring to the other Christian denominations.

• Just being sure. Also u made some good points

What Guys Said 10

• The thing that pisses me off about people and the bible, Is that they Cherry pick the fuck out of it.

I mean, Sure, Theyre fine enough, Taking out quotes and refferences reffering to deeds of good, And positive things.

But, I doubt you will ever see a Religious person point out the parts of the Bible that condone Slavery, Rape, Child Sex etc etc etc. Not to mention the fact the world is apparently only a few thousands years old xD (How the fuck do you explain the fucking Dinosuars then? XD)

a lot of Christians / catholics and stuff say today, things like ''Oh, but, we know better then that know, so, those parts are irrelevent'' But, How do you decide, Which parts are Imoral bulshit and which parts arent? Surely if god was So fucking divine they wouldn't be in the Bible at all right? Surely if he was ''All knowing'' Then, He would have known in the future, That Civilization would have changed and half the bible would no longer be considered acceptable in society?

The Bible we have to today, Is a bunch of Religious people, Clinging on to their Fantasy bed time story, Getting proved wrong again and again, Every single day by Science, Yet, They refuse to accept anything else because they have been Indoctrinated since childhood by their parents and shit (Sort of like how the Nazi's Indoctrinated Kids to join the Hitler Youth, Then, Eventually, The SS / Whermacht).

And, If Anything, Religion has halted our Knowledge as a Specie, Remember when Galileo Galilei was put in Prison, Because he Dared challenge the Churches belief that 'apparently' the entire solar system and universe orbited around the earth (Something that we now know is complete bulshit), So, If the Church and the bible, Can be proved so massively wrong like that, Whats not to say, That everything else in that book is just bulshit meant to opress us as a Species and keep us in the Dark ages huh?

Religion just needs to stop, Its a dying belief that does more harm from then good, and has no place other than the middle ages. Today, It just causes wars and hatred. I think the Entire Middle East is testiment to that.

• Scientists now see the more they explore the building blocks of life the more they a grand design of a master builder

• Wow, Nice copy and paste, Also, I like how you posted something that went against your very own argument (read the last sentence) xD.

• My argument was that scientists are starting to look into the grand design of the universe snd u asked for the proof and now u have it. None of the copied text proves or disproves the existence of God but these scientists are not biased to the possibility. End of the day its faith on my part u are free to believe what u want.

• That goes for about all religions.
    Too many words, too many pages.
    Believers of any religion believe what the *think* is in their books, what they heard from their parents and friends.

• This is an old story, and it is not just the bible. Whether it is God's words, economics, fear or lust for power, mankind has always found a way to justify terrible actions. I feel these thing that are used to justify should be hated as much as any other tool

• How can you still be a man of faith after you read the Bible?

• The Bible was designed to be deliberately vague, like a challenge. The most common position people take is that there is some penalty for not seeing it their way. God has a sense of humor. He said don't judge, but hardly anyone ever brings it up without that intent. Have fun with it. God's got you covered.

• I read the book of revelations... World end.. had. few visions for real... pray every night... and ask for all the sins I do behind the laptop 😂 I'm a bad person...😇

• I read my Bible every day and I get verses of the day from an online Bible app! My best friend gives me verses of the day almost every time we talk.

• How can anyone who reads the Bible be a Catholic?

• Nephilims were giant aliens. God only had one son, a pure son.

• most christians are not proper christians most dont believe enough or at all to bother ourselves :P