Should Turkey get out of Cyprus?

Should Turkey get out of Cyprus?

Should Turkey get out of Cyprus?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know
Uhh... I kinda regret putting "I don't know". Can you answer if you DO know but indifferent?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. Their presence is in violation of numerous UN resolutions and UN laws and the result of heinous war crimes. Their troops are undesirable by the vast majority of the islands communities and are an obstacle to any cooperation and/or solution that may occur. They have shown that they are not looking out for the "turkish" community of Cyprus, are not interested in the islands population in any way and are only furthering the occupation for their own geopolitican ends.

• Another great answer from @koullaras

• Looking at the other answers, my answer being the best isn't surprising.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes the Greeks were there first and when the Ottomans took over the turks started to migrate to the island. Ever since Greece got it's indipendence, the Turks have tried to take it over by force.

• Yes.. It's not the Ottoman nation it once was. Hardline Islamist. Ottoman Turks not just invaded a nation but enforced mass conversion to Islam. If that failed, it was exile or genocide. Google "Armenian genocide". They adopted a similar policy in cyprus. Now that the Ottoman nation is gone, the Republic of Turkey should show some humanity and get out of Cyprus.

• Uh... it has nothing to do with the Ottomans or the Armenian Genocide.

• I don't think that way. To me, it seems like you're saying just because of their ancestry, people have no right over the land they were born and raised in.

• Somebody comes to your city.. Throws your family out. And starts to live in your house. Does their child have the right over your house?

• Yes no turkey in cyprus

• I dunno but i like turkey

• no why would they?

• Why shouldn't they?

• This really shouldn't have happened.

• true, but we have to look at the future and leave the past alone

• No
    Cyprus belongs to Turkey.
    Cyprus 80% of Turkish.

• Do people know why did we invade Cyprus?

• of course. they captured it with violence. thats Greek grounds. as is Asia Minor. Turks should also make up for the genocides of Pontian Greeks, Armenians, and Assyrians.

• Taking it a little too far...

• no far at all. the courts are ongoing and justice will be delivered inevitably. know thy history before you rush into judgments... .

• They captured it with violins.

• I think the whole of Cyprus should belong to Turkey

• That is what armies are for.

• Israel should get out of Palestine, america should get out of the middle east!

• They should get out of Turkey!

What Girls Said 3

• No. Greeks and Turkish people need to continue to live there together despite all the hate, unpeaceful comments to show the world.
    I have Turkish side. And I love so much Greek people. We are not different.

• That's not the thing—Greek and Turkish Cypriots don't live together now. They will when Cyprus is united.

• I don't want to be rude or anything but Cyprus used to be Greek and Turkish practically "stole" it. I mean.. fighting for something that wasn't yours in the first place? Way to go.. Now it's an independent country so it's none of our business.

• No, it's not. The island is divided.

(By the way, Turkish Cypriots have been there for centuries—don't confuse them with Turks from Turkey. Cyprus is not Greek, it has two main ethnic communities: Turkish and Greek Cypriots)

• It doesn't belong to Greece nor to Turkey. Cyprus used to be a part of Greece, not anymore. The damage is already done. Now they can all live peacefully together and no matter where these people come from, I don't think their IDs say which community they belong to. They're Cypriots, they just have roots in Greece or Turkey.

• I agree

• I don't know