Is it weird that I shower with my dog?

I've had my pug since he was a puppy and he was just a tiny little thing and I tried to bathe him and he just kept crying. So I hold him to my chest like a baby to keep the water out of his face and rubb shampoo on his fur. I had roomates ones who asked me "did you just shower with your dog?" I just simple replied yes and they laughed. I eventually gave my pug away since my job demanded too much time and I couldn't give him the attention he needed.
I'm staying with my folks and my little sister is very lazy about bathing her pug so I do the same and she always gets water in her nose so and tries to jump out if the bath tub. So now I stand in the shower with a chubby 25 lb pug on my arms as I baby talk to her to calm her down, comfort her whole I try and bathe her. Is it weird or am I just very caring for my pets?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not weird, but it can lead to some health problems due to various germs. Also it deepens dog's fear/trauma and doesn't help dog.

I would suggest to check this www.cesarsway.com/dogwhisperer/episodearchive
    It's an archive about some dog's problems and how they were resolved. Maybe you can find there something of use too and your dog can receive pleasure from water/bathing instead of stress.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• that sounds so cute!

• It is kinda weird but its sweet at the same time because you're trying to keep them calm and in less discomfort with the water as possible.

• It was weird until I read this and knew why you did it lol

• I do that too haha.

What Guys Said 2

• weird... but i cannot judge u

• Yes, it's weird.

But hey, everyone's got that one thing...