Why do comicbook fans always complain when a character or a story gets changed/rebooted?

I heard wolverine is going to become a female, there will be a new hulk and etc And the comicbook fans went rouge about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Many comic book characters have gone generations without much change.

To see a character suddenly go through radical changes, whether it's becoming a difference gender or race or even age... well it's hard to explain. I'm not surprised people complain... something very iconic to them is now different.

Then again, some people are much more open to change than others.
    I'm not opposed to the things they've been doing with Spider-Man, for example... but I won't be paying much attention to it, either. I prefer my classic Spidey. Though I did really like the Ultimate Spider-Man episode where he went and met a bunch of different universe Spiders, it was a pretty cool/dorky way to see them all and it made me appreciate Miles Morales a lot more.

• Yea but from a publishers point of view after 50+ years of doing the same thing, you'd be eager to produce changes.

Plus its not like these changes are permanent.

• Heck if I know. Like I said, some people embrace change... while others moan and groan. It's like that with a lot of things.
      I think also, when you're outside the artistic process, it can be harder to understand why the creators seem to all of sudden want to make changes to things. How on earth did they decide to kill Peter Parker and bring in a black half-Mexican kid? Things like this feel like they come out of nowhere! When the changes don't make sense or feel necessary or anything... I think people are even more likely to complain.

In the end though you're right, these changes are not permanent and there are soo many different universes and versions of everything... there's no point getting so worked up about it all.

What Girls Said 1

• i dont get it either.

What Guys Said 3

• because its annoying they change something that doesn't need to be and shouldn't be changed and they present it like heeyyy this is how the story goes.

• They were gonna make sniktbub a woman?

God damn will the agenda ever cease? Save me Garth Ennis, you edgy Northern Irish fuck.

• People are afraid of change, basically.