Is beard genetics?

I can only grow a moustache and a goatee.. I find it that many Asian fellas doesn't have beard so I guess it is.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I guess I mean I am Arabian and I got full beard at the age of 15

What Girls Said 2

• It must be lol.

• i think it might be.

What Guys Said 9

• Asians r so damn lucky here.

i hate beards like hell and i have 2 shave frequently... it's really shitty

• Lol I have no body hair too it's kind of cool..

• Maybe it's something IN the Arabs lol

• I am very very brainy i think it affected my hair...

• It's like 80% genetics.

• Maybe? Because I have noticed that Asian people don't usually have breads, but for example, most Arab and middle eastern guys have beards.

• Some races probably have more difficulty then others in growing beards, and yes genetics do play a part, as well as Testosterone which controls things like hair growth.

• to a certain extent yes
    i have had the potential to grow a full beard for a full year now, but i must first strengthen my spirit in order to wield it

• Yes, it's what you're born with. My brother is like you, can mainly just grow a mustach/goatee. Me, I can grow a full Wolverine/Thor beard. Same parents, just different luck in genetics...

• Yep my face will never grow a beard because the men in my family are hairless 😔

• Yeah I can't grow hair on my face except for some whiskers so I think it's genetic...

• Yes, genetic. If that's what you can grow, that's what you can grow.

But you are pretty young, some guys don't get their full facial hair complement until their 30s.