Seriously What are my chances here?

Can I transfer to a university with a 1.7 GPA

I am currently a freshman going to be a sophomore in the fall. I am a Nursing major. I recently attended Millikin University a private school. However my GPA is not where it's at. First semester I had a 2.3 gpa. Second semester I ended with a 1.7 gpa. before the second semester ended I wanted to transfer. I really want to transfer now but I don't know my chance of getting into another university. My high school gpa is fine. Overall I did not put any effort in my classes except one or two and I'm disappointed in myself. To much procrastinating non studying and parting is what happened. I know I have potential to pull my grades up. The too colleges I want to transfer to is Northern Illinois University or Eastern Illinois University. If I write a personal statement would that more or less help me with the acceptance discussion. The last option is to stay where I am and then transfer. should I at least try to apply to those colleges and see if maybe they will accept me but I'll be put in some academic program?

Most Helpful Guy

• yup u can give it a try i guess... is it free?

• Yeah it's def free and these comments are so rude geesh. People I'm only a Undergraduate Freshman right now.

What Guys Said 4

• Your best option would be a university that had a pre-admission programme that would allow you to repair your GPA.
    I am not familiar with the US GPA scale. Here in Australia it goes to seven. I am working toward another degree, then a doctorate. My current GPA is 6.5.
    Young lady, from today until the day that you graduate your social life and the pursuit of penis needs to take a distant second place to your university work. Also, no alcohol or recreational drugs. They damage the brain and will turn you into a retard. Stop using/drinking fluoridated water and toothpaste. They are intended to turn you into a retard. If you doubt that, look up a study by a team from the Harvard School of Medicine that was published in 2012.
    If you would like some tips on how to turn a satisfactory into a high distinction, PM me.
    Finally, you need remedial English classes. Harsh, but said to help you.

• It will be difficult to get into a good school and they may disallow some of your credits and require you to repeat them.

• All I can say is I sure hope you never become my nurse when you are struggling so much with basic chemistry and biology...

• Pls dont be a nurse u might kill people if ya don't take ur education seriously :(

What Girls Said 1

• You probably can't transfer... I would talk to an advisor at your current college. There may be something you can do, but it's late in the year already. Definitely talk to an advisor. That's my best suggestion. Some schools are very understanding for sophomore transfers.