Are you good at detecting humor through texting or computer conversation?

Or does someone have to say "jk" , "lol" or "sarcasm"?

Most Helpful Guy

• No one is; this is why non-verbal communication is critical and why something like CALLING is actually vastly superior.

What Guys Said 9

• mos of times i do... but da word "sarcasm"... might destroy it all :|

(1 of my least fav words ever LOL :P )

• Haha I have to say -sarcasm- at times on here or some people may not catch on

• Yes most certain i can tell by the way someone talks, text online
    i can tell if the friendship will last or you can tell if they just want have
    a good time online.

• I am okay at picking up humor by reading someones words via email or text. You can read words in a way much different than the send intended. I prefer voice conversation as to avoid miscommunications.

• Not really, I don't have a sense of humor.

• Yep im. expert ;)

• Its all humor to me.

• No i am good cause im a smartass sometimes too

• I'm excellent at it. But most people... aren't. So I usually include jk, a smiley, etc to make it clearer... not that they get it then either...

• Sometimes but most time i call people and talk with thm on phone or Skype

What Girls Said 7

• I usually catch a lot of nuance. I think people are getting better and better at communicating via text since we use it so much and for so many things.

• Only if I know the person well, otherwise I'm pretty bad at guessing. It's why I avoid joking much over the internet; I operate on the assumption that what I say will be taken seriously. :P

• I'm pretty good at it. I don't take a lot of things seriously, so I usually assume something is said in a joking manner before I assume it's said in a serious manner.

• I'm decent at it. Also important to consider if you've hear the person's voice or how they speak as well.

• Generally, yes. It's not as funny if you specify that it's a joke.

• sometimes :)

• Most of the time, yes.