Should I stop giving useful advice and just tell people what they want to hear?

• Tell them what they want to hear... you'll get more up votes.
  • Tell the truth... we can handle it.

Most Helpful Girl

• why do you care about up votes that gain you nothing in real life? I feel like too many people on this site are living in an absurd ignorance in the questions they ask on here and if they're going to ask a question they should expect a reality check when it is answered.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, do that. They aren't gonna listen to a good advice anyway..

What Guys Said 5

• Search for truth that you may be assured you know it, and not merely guess. And be confident regardless however else you feel at the moment. Then, let that inform you of who you are and who you are supposed to be. Never sacrifice that for short-term flattery. Those who hate truth are not worthy to have you jeopardize your soul over them.

• Mostly what people want is to be heard. Even if they ask for advice, make sure they really want it before you give advice. If you do give advice, it's better to make it conditional "I would...", not "you should..."

• Why the hell do you care about up votes? Even if you give people good advice it doesn't mean you'll get up votes anyway. Th QAs don't owe you anything. If you want to be weak then just people what they want to hear.

• Tell the truth or goof off

• No man - Tell the truth -Site would be boring if everyone agreed.