Was I being rude?

A girl from my school posted a pic of her in a bikini and I commented "You may now exhale" because she was clearly sucking in..

She just commented " LOL ;) " back hahah I think she didn't feel offended.
Thank y'all

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes the truth needs to be said. She obviously posted the picture for attention. You can't only expect positive attention. It's not as if you randomly walked up to her and told that she was fat. She posted a picture for attention. I honestly think when people do that, it's fair game.

One girl I know posted a picture of herself all done up and looking pretty. She posted something like: "This is me when I wake up. I am so ugly." I commented on her picture: "We all know that you didn't wake up looking like that. We also know that you don't think you're ugly. You just want people to compliment you." She got all butt hurt about it, and then insulted me and told me I was ugly.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, how would you like to be called out, especially about your looks. Joking about it with a friend wouldn't be inappropriate but doing so in a social and public setting/forum is in very bad form.

• That's funny but I would say its rude because you're publically (I assume FB) implying to the world that she is fat and insecure since she feels she needs to suck in.

• I find that hilarious

• It's funny. Depending on how well you know each other and each others hummer.

• I think it's funny too lol. She will probably take it that way too or that you meant it that way.

• Right on her face bt you should ended with a lol or something like that to look like you are joking.

• Thats awesome XD

• So it's okay to make fun of fat women if you are one awsome going to make a new account

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah.

There's two possibilities:

1. She was sucking in. - In that case, someone drawing attention to the fact that she's sucking in would probably be pretty embarrassing to her. If she feels the need to suck in, then you can reasonably assume that she feels insecure about her body. Saying what you did is basically deciding to embarrass someone who you already know is insecure. That's pretty shitty.

2. She wasn't actually sucking in, that's just the way her body looks. - In that case, it's rather insulting to accuse someone of sucking in. You're also suggesting to anyone else who reads that comment that she is insecure and actually fatter than the picture shows.

If you can't understand how a comment like that would likely make someone feel bad, then you're pretty dense. It's hard to imagine why you'd even have to ask "Was I being rude?" unless you're being disingenuous.

• That was super funny. But ya, it was probably rude lol.
    This girl from my school posted a pic with her cleavage showing and this girl said in the comments: "Could you send me the link to your plastic surgeon"
    I was laughing soo hard but I felt a little bad for her too.
    As hilarious as it might be, you should probably delete the comment or apologize to her or at least say jk. But gj on the joke XD...

• Oh man!! That's hilarious. I wouldn't be. I'd find it horribly funny and probably joke back. But then again, that's just me. I have a sarcastic side too.

• no.. i think it is funny.. :)

• that was pretty rude considering a lot of people are insecure about their weight.

• That's funny but is rude

• Nice, i love your comment. Cool girl.