Does being barred go on criminal records?

If you're barred from some where like a mall, plaza, department store, etc. for any reason such as shop lifting, public indencency, etc. and there's an officer and store security present who issue the ban does it come up on criminal background checks? Or is it only on file at the place and if you return before the ban is up you can be charged criminally?

0|0
1|9

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not a 100% sure but I have a feeling it doesn't

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Barring doesn't, unless the store then went around broadcasting to everyone that you were barred. Which could be a privacy violation on their part.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being barred from a public place, does not go on your criminal record. You have not committed a crime. You nothing to worry about. If you didn't go to court, then you haven't got a criminal record.

0|0
    0|0
  • Crimes of which you have been convicted are on your criminal record.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not unless there are criminal charges filed.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the police do enough paperwork without making a note every time you get barred from the mall... unless they attended and charged you with a criminal offence.

0|0
    0|0
  • If conviction is filed through the police, rest assured, you are marked.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. It's private property. Only the state can log and make criminal records.

0|0
    0|0
  • we have a bad person in our midst. Lets shun her.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Geez you must of p*ssed off the wrong person. Unless you went to court or actually been convicted of a crime, it does not. If it is a serious issue and I assume you are asking this because you want to work or volunteer, let it out in the open to the employer. If you already have a criminal record, that barring will be the least of your problems if there are any.

0|0
    0|0